~Good Morning Aperture Laboratories!~ Roleplay Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ~Good Morning Aperture Laboratories!~ Roleplay Thread

If you wandered upon this thread by accident and are interested in joining, here's the sign up link:
      *cough*PRESSTHEBUTTON*cough*
      Anyways, for those who were redirected here from the sign up thread, welcome! We will be beginning shortly.
      I'm a trashy Dangan Ronpa fangirl.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.
      I also like Persona 4, so: Here.

i like anime, dangan ronpa and desk fans. dont ask about that last one.
    • (I'll start us off, then I'll have to head off in a couple posts for the possible night depending on timezone.
      To make the whole meeting each other thing some test subjects can share a room. For like a 'mandatory social interaction phase' or something.)

Good morning. You have been asleep for -56- days. As mandatory of national law, state requires that you must perform several excersizes to keep your mental and physical health in check. Please get out of your bed.
      *BWAAAAA-*
      If it wasn't the announcer's voice that woke Tully up, it was most certaintly the buzzer that came soon afterwards. She got out of bed and yawned. How long had it been? Six-seven weeks? More? Less? She felt like she had woken up yesterday.
      As usual, she stepped out of bed and yawned once more, stretching out her arms.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• "mornin, sunshine." Crush greeted her, already stretching. He had woken up at the first word, and, luckily, neither of them slept naked, nor did they share a bed. Specially not a coed room. "Eight weeks of sleep. That's nearly what, 2 months? Jeez, I've gotten fat."
      I'm back from Camp! I am so very excited to roleplay with you all!
    • Tully waves shyly as she stretches, not saying a word. Not that she could, anyway. She chuckled a bit at his mention about his weight, but probably would've told him against it if she could.
      When you hear the buzzer, look up at the ceiling.
      *BWAAA-*
      She looked up at the ceiling and at the floor every time as they instructed it. It always felt nice to do this. Sometimes it felt a bit repetitive, though.
      If she had the time, she would talk to him more. Again, not that she could. But there was about five seconds between each part of the excersize.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• "It's so dumb." muttered Crush, as he cricked his neck as he lifted his head to the roof. then dropped it to the floor. He always mixed in his own little exercises, partly as an act of freedom, partly to keep his strength up. his orange hair flopped around, as eight weeks without a shower took it's toll on the greasy hair. "God, I could use a shower."
    • Tully admitted she could probably use one herself.
      "U...uhm...." She stammered, wanting to say something. But, as usual, nothing left her mouth but a mess of sounds.
      As mandatory of mental law, you are required to spend at least 30 seconds interacting with another member of your species to preserve your native human instincts. Please converse with any visible, breathing companion in your Relaxation Cell. If your visible, breathing companion is not breathing, please still converse with them anyways.
      *BWAAAAAA-*
      Tully blushed, twirling her hair around her fingers before finally looking at Crush. She waved shyly, took out her notebook- the only thing Apeture let her take with her- and drew a smiley face in black crayon, showing it to him. Before she could continue, the buzzer rang out again, cutting her off. She groaned, upset.
      You should now feel like a working human being of society. Please return to your bed.
      Tully sighed and ran her hands through her hair, being stopped by knots in her roots. She hesitated, unsure if she wanted to get into bed or not.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• "Yeah, right." Crush muttered, as he jumped, touching the ceiling. (Yes, I made a reference. :3) "Like I'd get in that fudging bed again." But he did so anyway, grumbling. He looked, and saw her smily face, and couldn't help but smile himself. "Yeah, I guess it's not that bad.
    • She shuffled a bit, but it wasn't long before she fell asleep, for what she thought would be a short period of time.
      Emphasis on thought.

Good morning. You have been asleep for -nine-nine-nine-nine-
      Tully woke with a start, very clearly dazed. She looked around and forced herself up, feeling an immense amount of stress on her entire body.
      Woah, the place was trashed.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• Crush stretched, cracking various joints and reaching for the stubble on his face. "Something's wrong." he muttered, looking around. The place was an absolute mess, and vines and plants grew just about everywhere. "Sounds like the system crashed..."
    • "..st..." Tully mumbled looking around. The devastaion on her face was evident. She looked ready to panic. Were they going to die? She didn't want to die-

"Hello?"
      A new voice. At the door.
      New voice. At the door.
      Tully would've almost immediatly kicked the door down if not for how stunned she was.
      "Anyone in here? Hellooooo? Please open the door, i-it's fairly urgent."
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• Crush did it for her. He pulled his knee to his chest, and with one kick, the door didn't budge. Luckily, Crush wasn't hurt either. "Guess that makes sense, he muttered, "reinforced doors to keep subjects from escaping." Then he shouted, "How do you open the door?"
    • "The door won't open?" spoke the voice in a clearly confused tone. "Did you try pulling on it? Maybe it's a problem with the lock, I'll try to hack it."

Tully rolled her eyes at the chatty voice's obviously question. Also, hack it? Can you hack a door? Is that possible?
      Thinking fast, she scrawled some things in a notebook and slipped it under the door.

"Huh?" The voice seemed to be startled by the girl's action. "What's this?"
      There's a pause, just for a moment.
      "'Who...are...you?" The voice read rather quickly despite his pausing, like he was in a hurry. "Oh, you mean me? I was assigned the caretaker of you humans. But of course, since no one ever thought to tell me anything, the entire Relaxation Center's malfunctioned and I have to do the dirty work helping all the bloody test subjects before this whole chamber goes down in flames!"
      Wait, what was that last part?
      "Huh?" Tully was clearly taken aback. She seemed a lot more eager to open the door, but was too afraid to do it herself.

(I'll be temporarily taking the role of Wheatley and maybe GLaDOS for now unless someone else is interested in playing them. While we can do some of the puzzles and things without their input I don't think this first part of the story can work without one of the two- I mean they can't manually move their own relaxation chamber soooo-
      I hope I can manage a good Wheatley. I think I can do a good impression.)
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• (You'd do better than I, at least.)
      "Pulling on what, there's no knob!" Crush, asked, pounding on the smooth door. Needless to say, he wasn't assured by the mystery voice's explanation. "Down in flames? What kind of idiot lets that crap happen in the first place?!" He kicked the wall, and the door opened somehow. Or maybe it was that voice. Imagine Crush's surprise when a robot sat on a rail outside, with a blue eye. "Of course, why the F would Aperture do anything except give us a real human to work with..."
    • "Aaaah!" The strange robot seemed just as shocked as the two test subjects on the other side of the door. "Oh my god, you look terrib-good, is what I meant to say, good, rather nice actually."
      Tully would have felt insulted if she wasn't so bewildered. She knew Aperture had a lot of robots, but...
      "Y...you're..." She barely managed.
      "Wheatley, yes, don't wear it out, well, not that you would, I mean, you didn't know my name before this, but now you do, so..." The robot wheeled along on his rail, moving to the middle of the room on a management rail Tully was surprised she hadn't noticed before.
      "Are you okay? Are you- actually, nevermind, don't answer that. I'm absolutely sure the both of you are fine, absolutely fine, so just relax. I can handle this."
      Just then, another voice:
      Please prepare for emergency evacuation.
      "I CAN HANDLE THIS! I can handle this, prepare, that's all they're saying, 'prepare', everything's fine." He looked more nervous than Tully did, and that was quite an achievement, especially for a spherical...blue eyeball thing. "J-just stay put, alright? I'll get us out of here."
      With that, a trapdoor opened on the ceiling, and 'Wheatley' disappeared through it. As it closed, Tully looked at Crush with a look of absolute confusion and shrugged.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• "Wheatley. What is he, British?" Crush muttered. Looking at Tully, he smiled, hoping she at least would be reassured. "It did say prepare... Maybe we better get down?" He suggested, taking a seat on the floor casually, even though his heart beat a million miles a minute.
    • Tully nodded, feeling a bit better, though not by much.
      "Oh, yeah, that's a good point. You might wanna hang onto something. It's just a word of advice. Up to you. Y'know. Just trying to help."
      Tully had made it to a table to cling to just in time, as the room, just then, shook violently. Things went flying everywhere. "Aah!" she shrieked. While she missed most of the wreckage, one piece of debris went right past her head, almost hitting her clean in the face, leaving her shocked.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.

• The movement caught Crush off guard too, and he slid around before grabbing his bedpost. Things hit him, sure , but they didn't do much damage, as he had been used to getting hit by things, like linebackers. he just put up a forearm to block the debris. "Wheatley, I hope you know what you're doing!" he screamed up into the ceiling, feeling quite dumb.
    • (Sorry for the wait! Working on something.)

"Hold on! This is a bit tricky!" Wheatley returns soon after, though he still seems to be driving the room somewhere. "Um, I thought I should tell you, that most subjects can experience a bit of...cognitive deterioration after a couple months in suspension. And, um, you two have been under for quite a lot longer, so it's not completely out of the question that you may have just a slight minor case...of serious brain damage."
      Tully would've acted accordingly, but she's pretty sure she's been that damaged in the head for as long as she could remember. Staying under suspension for, um....99999 something days couldn't have made it worse, right?
      Oh no.
      She just thought about how it could get worse. Oh no.
      Do you like Portal?
      Here.