"Good morning. You have been in suspension for -nine nine nine nine nine... nine nine- This courtesy call is to inform you that all test subjects should vacate the Enrichment Center immediately. Any test subject not emerging from suspension at this time will be assumed to have exercised his or her right to remain in extended relaxation, for the duration of the destruction of this facility. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, or if you require a Spanish-language version of this message, feel free to take a complimentary piece of stationary from the desk drawer in front of you, and write us a letter. Good luck."
Welcome to Aperture! I'm your host, tearable, and today I will be guiding you throughout this wonderful journey of testing tracks and corrupted cores. Huh? What's that? No, we're not paying you for this. Huh? No, no medical bills either. Huh? Okay, can we just get to the testing already?
Your role in this assignment will be split into two different parts:
In this part you may play any canon character from Portal 1 and 2.
Here is the list of possible characters you may play on this journey.
GLaDOS: The British One
[others possibly coming soon]
Note: For now, human OCs are not allowed, at least not until the current group meets GLaDOS. Thanks for understanding!
Update: I'll allow human OCS as long as
1) it's not an excessive amount at that point. like we are not having ten test subjects in one chamber thats a bit much.
2) if you can creatively incorporate them into where we currently are (i can always help with this depending on who they are) For reference, we are currently in the part where Wheatley and the gang begin their 'escape'.
Other than that, all the same rules apply. Reason for doin' this is because I feel bad thinking that maybe some people are dissuaded from joing the thread just because you can't make human Ocs anymore. I thought maybe it'd work better if I limited it, but gave it a bit of a leeway sort of thing.
And in this part, you may play any 'original character', or OC, you wish to play.
To play an OC, please fill out this form:
Species: (human or robot/android/core please. This is Portal we're talking about, not Dungeons and Dragons.)
Appearance: (photos and typed descriptions are fine).
Purpose: (robots only- why were you made? example: wheatley was made to dampen the intelligence of gladis.)
Personality: (please no mess of words, and no 'meet them' descriptions. This is semi-advanced and I'd like to keep it that way. If you're having trouble coming up with a description, let me know and I'll help you out.
Abilities: (What can your character do? Strengths, special abilities, skills, etc.)
Weaknesses: (What are your character's biggest downfalls?)
Here is the main premise of your initiative:
This is set towards the events of Portal 2, in an alternate universe where Chell dies after the events of Portal 1, and other subjects wake up to see the relaxation centers malfunction. Together, you will solve puzzles, defeat evil AIs, and have fun! Okay, well maybe not that last part.
Here are some rules and regulations to follow:
1. Since this takes place during the events of Portal 2, this will 100% spoil Portal 1 and 2 for anyone who hasn't played it. Please keep this in mind as you play through the game.
2. Swearing is fine but please keep it to a minimum.
3. Do not kill of a character unless you get permission from their owner first.
4. Your character is not all knowing. Just because you might, they won't know the solution to every puzzle, or be all powerful. Not everyone likes your character, okay? Don't be a Mary Sue.
That should be all. I will post my OC for this roleplay shortly. Welcome to Aperture! Please enjoy your stay.