hunted || pafp, bxb ||

May's Character Development Challenge has been posted!
Looking for a friendly, inclusive community where you can make lasting friendships and form meaningful plots? Check out BlizzardClan!
Want to get into a trad. clan? Check out Riverclan, home to skilled strategists and clever fighters of great ferocity!
Staff are requesting opinions here!
  • Jake stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Why's that?" A smirk tugged at his lips, but he kept a serious facial expression for now. "In fact...I even lied to you. How could I be important to you?"

DeviantARTCharacters

it's the end of the school year for me, so i won't be as active as usual! i apologize in advance ♥

• Kuro's ears went down at his expression, trying to think. He wasn't even entirely sure, it was really hard to explain. "Y-You've been nicer to me than anyone else ever had" he said quietly "e-even though you lied to me, you still protected me and you're still helping us. I really wouldn't know what to do without you right now."
  • Jake smiled finally, loving his words as they escaped his lips. Leaning forward, he gently pulled Kuro into a hug. "Thank you," he whispered. "You really shouldn't trust someone like me though."

DeviantARTCharacters

it's the end of the school year for me, so i won't be as active as usual! i apologize in advance ♥

• Jake sighed, brushing his fingers through the other's soft hair. Once his cold fingers reached the bobby pins still tucked underneath his ears, he gently plucked them out and threw them onto the black shelf beside them. "That's not really saying much, you know..."

DeviantARTCharacters

• "I just...feel safer and protected around you" he said quietly. He was having a hard time finding the right thing to say. He wanted Jake to know that he was really important to him, and that he really needed the other. "I'd be too afraid to do any of the things you've done for me."
  • Jake smirked, wanting to utter some conceited phrase like he usually would, such as, 'oh, that's because I'm stronger than you,' but stopped himself. "Well...thank you," he whispered, finally accepting the compliment.

DeviantARTCharacters

• Kuro's ears lifted a bit, smiling softly at his words. He was glad that he accepted because he really didn't know how else to explain it. "It's all the truth" he said, lightly hugging him.
  • Jake sighed, returning the hug. After a moment, the male took Kuro's hand and led him to his room. "Come on, it's getting late," he mumbled. Inside his room, it was dimly lit by a single lamp. Jake probably didn't like to keep too many lights on since the electricity bill was so expensive. Also along the wall remained pictures of him and a girl with long blonde hair. To add onto that, there was also a picture of that same blonde female with a taller male standing next to her...and he had blue hair. Why did Jake have these pictures in his room? It was quite odd, especially when they didn't live with him currently.

DeviantARTCharacters

• Kuro followed close behind him, his ear flicking curiously as he noticed the pictures. Jake had never mentioned any friends or family, so he couldn't help but wonder why he had pictures of them. "Who are they" he asked after a second, tilting his head a bit. He looked over at Jake as he waited for an answer, hoping he wasn't too uncomfortable answering.
  • "Oh, um..." Jake scratched the back of his head. "Well, one of them is dead...I'd prefer not to talk about her. But the other guy's name is Oak. He's the girl's brother. They both used to live here..." He answered quietly.

DeviantARTCharacters

• Kuro's ears pinned back as he listened, feeling a bit bad for asking. "Oh, I-I'm sorry for the loss" he said quietly. He knew he couldn't ask what happened to them, no matter how curious he was. They were clearly close; he wouldn't have pictures of them if they weren't. But he could only wonder how close that was.

• "No, it's okay..." His eyes narrowed and turned a blood red color. "It was my fault anyway." Jake pulled off his shirt, getting ready for bed. He hated sleeping with his shirt on while sleeping, and having a guest over wasn't going to change that. Pulling back the covers, he crawled into bed.

DeviantARTCharacters

• Kuro noticed the change of color in his eyes, but once again didn't say anything about it. He was too afraid of what it might mean. However, those thoughts vanished as Jake took off his shirt. He couldn't stop the blush that covered his face as he warched him, not sure how he should react.

• Jake smirked, seeing the blush upon Kuro's cheeks. "Something wrong, Kuro?" He commented. Sitting up in bed, he waited for the other to lie down as well.

DeviantARTCharacters

• Kuro shook his head, his tail flicking slightly out of embarrassment. "Uh, n-no" he said, carefully climbing into bed next to him. He had to force himself to look away from Jake just to keep himself from staring.

• Jake relaxed into the warm bed, putting one arm behind his head and the other grabbing his phone on the table beside him. Two unread messages from Andrew. Sighing, he ignored them both and returned his attention to Kuro. His body was still sore from getting shot, but he tried to ignore it the best he could. Rolling over to his side, he stared at the back of Kuro's head and gently stroked his hair. "Why won't you look at me?" He whispered.

DeviantARTCharacters

• "U-um, well...." Kuro wasn't sure what to say. After all, it's not like he could just say that Jake looked great with his shirt off. However, the hand stroking his hair made him relax fairly quickly. Slowly, he turned to look at him, still blushing quite a bit.