hunted || pafp, bxb ||

• Kuro did blush even more and he quickly turned his face away from the other. "N-no, I'm not" he said, his ears pinned to his head.
      Notice: I may not have as much muse as usual for a while, and I might not be as active due to personal matters. Thank you for understanding.
    • "J-Jake, stop" Kuro said, blushing more. He soon noticed the female out of his peripheral and his eyes widened. "C-Caitlin" he said, his blush gone and his ears pinned tightly to his skull. He really didn't know what to say, especially after what she had said to him earlier.
      Notice: I may not have as much muse as usual for a while, and I might not be as active due to personal matters. Thank you for understanding.
    • Caitlin's eyes watered. She had no words after seeing this. This was...absolutely disgusting. Just a couple hours ago, she told Jake that he was going to be the father of her child. Now, he just threw what respect she had left for him away. "I...I knew I couldn't trust either of you..." she choked out, a tear streaming down her cheek. Without another word, she ran off into her room and cried into her pillow. She didn't want Jake to see her like this.
    • "N-no, Caitlin, wait" Kuro said, pulling away from Jake. He stopped himself though, not sure if going after her would make things better or worse. He felt terrible, especially after hearing what she'd felt.
    • Jake ignored her and took Kuro's place, trying to cook up the steak. His expression was empty; he looked like he was just trying to hide the guilt he felt with a poker face. Women are so difficult. Their emotions are always so all over the place. At least, that's what Jake thought. He had trouble understanding why Caitlin still had feelings for him even after all this time, especially after what he had done to her.
    • "At least act like you care" Kiro said "that's all she wants." He still felt terrible, and it didn't help that Jake wasn't doing anything.
    • Kuro had gone back to watching the steak, his ears down. "Then...l-let's just give her a little bit" he said quietly. He really had no clue what to do, but he wanted to make everything better.
    • Kuro nodded a bit, going back to the steak. He flipped it as carefully as he would, afraid of getting burned. His guilt was still eating at him, and he couldn't bring himself to ingore it entirely. He really did want to help her, but that would be even harder now that she didn't trust him.
    • Jake waited for four minutes in silence. He didn't really know what to say to Kuro, especially when he was mad at Jake for the moment. Once the steak was finished, he ordered Kuro to cut it up into three slices. After that, he knocked on her door again. "Dinner's ready, Caitlin."

A moment later, a sad, tired girl emerged from her room. Her black ears were flat against her head and her cheeks were stained with tears. She simply moved to the table and sat down at a chair, waiting for Kuro to set the plates down.
    • Kuro carefully and evenly cut the steak, giving cutting one piece a bit bigger than the rest. He grabbed the plates and set them on the table, putting the slightly bigger steak in front of Caitlin. He sat down, looking down at the table. "I-I'm sorry, Caitlin" he said quietly, not sure what else to say.
    • "Still, I feel terrible for it after what you said to me earlier" He said, his ears pinned down "please, don't blame yourself for it...." He glanced over at Jake trying to signal for him to at least say something to try to apologize.
    • Jake looked over at Caitlin with narrowed eyes. "Stop. It wasn't your fault or Kuro's. It's my fault for deceiving you." He sighed in frustration. "Please. Move past this, Caitlin. I don't love you in a romantic way. I do care about you though, and I will help you with the baby. I hope you'll be able to get over me soon." He cut into his steak and took a bite.
    • New

Kuro managed to get himself to start eating, glad that Jake had at least tried. He was still nervous for what Caitlin would say in response though. He'd hate it if they distrusted each other when they lived together now.
    • New

Kuro blushed lightly and nodded. "We will" he promised. He was glad the she forgave them, and he was ready to do about anything to make her comfortable with them again.