I'm coming home, I'm coming home // private; Lester// tell the world

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Want to roleplay in a Clan equal parts passionate and fun? Check out SunClan and take part in our Fireworks Festival!
  • Echo was hanging around the warehouse. She enjoyed the cardboard boxes and such that were there. She had made a little nest for herself. She thought hers wasn't as good as her clanmates. Which was, for the most part, true. She hadn't really gotten to perfect her home yet. But, it wasn't as bad as she thought it was. She took a step back and looked at it. "Um," she mumbled to herself, "It could use some work.

• [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border: none; width: 350px; font-family: times new roman; line-height: 100%][justify][size=10]
    The young tom watched from atop his humble tower, smaller than the grand leader's but imposing in it's own way. After all, he was only a kit. A kit with uncommonly long legs--he looked forward to towering over others in adulthood. It was from this vantage point that he saw Echo, working on her own little box not far from him. He chuckled at her words, a smooth soft sound.

"Depends on if you're going for homeless chic." 
    [hr]

[center][fancypost=background:transparent; width:300pt; border-bottom: solid black 1px] [align=center][font='Times New Roman, Times, serif'][color=beige] [size=22][i]To a great mind nothing is little.[/size] [/color][/font][/align] [fancypost=background:#ffffff;height:2px;padding:0;width:450px;][/fancypost][align=center][color=#808080][sup][font='Times New Roman,Times,serif'][size=8]Easy Difficulty ✦ Attack in [u]underline[/u] ✦ Powerplay of nonviolent actions allowed[/size]
  • She heard his words and glanced up at him with a smirk plastered across her face. Although, that would have been her style up until recently it wasn't now. "That wasn't my initial intention," she answered. She didn't mean to attract the attention, but she didn't mind it. "I doubt you could do much better in a day and a half, kit."

• [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border: none; width: 350px; font-family: times new roman; line-height: 100%][justify][size=10]
    Lester chuckled again, and swept his tail about him. "No? See my lovely tower and it only took me an afternoon." He got to his feet and dropped from his tower, landing with uncharacteristic grace. He drifted over to her, his movements fluid, like a cloud of black smoke. "What do you want it to look like?"
    [hr]

[center][fancypost=background:transparent; width:300pt; border-bottom: solid black 1px] [align=center][font='Times New Roman, Times, serif'][color=beige] [size=22][i]To a great mind nothing is little.[/size] [/color][/font][/align] [fancypost=background:#ffffff;height:2px;padding:0;width:450px;][/fancypost][align=center][color=#808080][sup][font='Times New Roman,Times,serif'][size=8]Easy Difficulty ✦ Attack in [u]underline[/u] ✦ Powerplay of nonviolent actions allowed[/size]
  • She was extremely jealous, although she wouldn't admit it. He made that in one afternoon. And, although she would never admit it to him it was fantastic tower. Anything would be better than this. she thought, after his question. "Well, I'd like it to be big and comfortable and..." What else? "Oh, maybe some colors." She didn't really know what she would like. She shrugged, "And, stuff."

Big and comfortable, huh? "Stuff," he repeated with a hint of incredulity. "No wonder you're having a hard time. If you don't have a clear vision, it'll never look right. Close your eyes a moment and imagine what you really want it to look like."

[hr]

• Close my eyes? She questioned him in her mind. She rolled her eyes and gave him an odd look. Really? Why would she do that? That just seemed like a good way to get taken advantage of. She glanced back at her little box. It was practically falling apart, what little work she had gotten done. She tried not to let the sad expression she was holding back slip on her face. She shook her head and closed her eyes. "I want some lights." she blurted. Pretty lights. With all kinds of reds and blues. "Oh, and the paint is like really light yellows and blues and such. Like tie dye." The image was becoming clearer, now. "Oh, and maybe some of that silver shimmering stuff over the door." Tinsel. She meant tinsel. It looked fantastic. Then she opened her eyes and was greeted to the image of her current house. "Ugh."

"Having an image at least will make it easier to move forward," Lester said, tilting his head to the side. She wanted colors and lights? How odd. He had no idea how to paint the thing. "So now, when you're out and about, if you see something you can add to your box grab it. For now, make the best you can with what you've got so that you can sleep in it. It'll come into your vision of it over time. I'm a minimalist, the tower was all I really required and then I found some nice strips of cloth to fill the box on the top, to make it more comfortable." 
    [hr]

• "Comfy is very important," she stated plainly. She wasn't much of a minimalist, but she wasn't all about flashy. She just wanted her home to look a little prettier than the average box. She was thankful he was able to help her come up with the design for her box. But, some things she didn't know where she was going to find the stuff she needed. "Maybe, I'll leave out the lights. I don't know where to find those."

Lester privately agreed. He had no idea about the lights. But they could find colorful bits of cloth and paint probably. "Probably a good idea. But the other stuff is still doable," he said lightly. He paused, realizing he'd never really introduced himself. "I'm Lester by the way. The Medicine Cat trainee."
    [hr]

• He was the medicine cat trainee? She honestly wouldn't have guessed that. Not that she knew much about medicine cats in general. But, she kind of assumed that they were all nice and tender and such. Although, he was nice enough to try and help her make her little box. But, she thought they were a lot more sensitive to people. The first thing he had said to her was an insult. Although, it was very true. "I'm Echo. And, I'm an apprentice." Although, in the back of her mind she was nagging herself for her boring introduction. Couldn't you have been more original?

With introductions out of the way, Lester paused, regarding Echo for a moment.He felt the conversation had pretty much reached it's end. Then he said, with a smile playing about his mouth, "Right well, nice to meet you Echo. If you ever need something, or have an injury and all that, I'm usually at my little tower," he said, his charcoal tail flicking back toward his tower of boxes.
    [hr]

• She too had the feeling of the end of a conversation. She listened and nodded as she heard what sounded like a good bye. "Well, I don't know where you can find me. But, if you need me I will more than likely sleep here." She said with another envious glance at his tower of boxes. And then, a glance at her box. Will the real world ever meet her expectations? Probably, not.