GET IT TOGETHER — open, greencough

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Want to roleplay in a Clan equal parts passionate and fun? Check out SunClan and take part in our Fireworks Festival!
  • [fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]
    It was no wonder why Bearjaws had gotten sick. Many cats usually got sick around this time of year, most likely from the freezing temperature. It was no help that their territory was so wet, either. It hadn't been long since he last gotten sick, since his immune system was so weak, something that wouldn't prove to be very helpful for the medicine cat. It was their duty to heal, though, so he didn't feel too bad about the whole ordeal, but he did feel bad about not being able to help out around camp now. Since greencough was contagious, he'd probably be cooped up in the den for a while, until he recovered. It was just for the best

The corners of his eyes were dried with mucus, his nose running as he trudged over to the medicine cat den, sluggish in his movements. He felt awful, just wanting to curl up and go back to sleep. Maybe he would feel better afterwards. But he wasn't stubborn nor was he ignorant, so he had decided to stop by Aspenpaw before making any further decisions.

Sniffling, he poked his head inside, glancing around for the apprentice. "Hello?" he felt sickly from all the snot he'd been forcing down, clearing his throat and hesitantly walking inside.

[center][fancypost borderwidth=0px; letter-spacing: -1px; font-size: 16pt; font-family: georgia; text-transform: uppercase; color: white][b]I know that we'll be [color=#6C4E38]safe and sound[/color][/b][/fancypost][/center]
    bump

[center][fancypost borderwidth=0px; letter-spacing: -1px; font-size: 16pt; font-family: georgia; text-transform: uppercase; color: white][b]I know that we'll be [color=#6C4E38]safe and sound[/color][/b][/fancypost][/center]

• [fancypost bgcolor= transparent; border: 0px solid transparent; width: 420px;][align=center]

[hr][justify][size=8]The raspy sound of his Clanmate's voice was what alerted Mothwhisker. The blue and white tabby tom poked his head out of the warriors' den, glancing about, and happened to notice Bearjaws waiting outside the medicine den. Feeling nervous, he moved forth, asking, "Um, are you- ah, alright?" His stutter was evident, as usual.

/apologies for low muse post

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]
    The she-cat's ears perked as the masculine made his way towards the Medicine den, interested, she watched for a moment as he peered inside. His voice sickly and nose seemingly runny. The she-cat cringed, she rather despised being sick. It slowed her down mentally and physically, clogged her mind and forced her into a weak state. She didn't admire showing her weaknesses, everyone knew that. However, she was open when those asked her about them. Such as her weakness in hunting or her incapability to find empathy towards others.

Her emerald sapphires lowered into a glare as she got to her paws, tail flicking with suspicion, as she too had to see Aspenpaw for her new injuries. But that could wait, as Bearjaws wasn't looking too good.

"Bearjaws, are you feeling well?" the Deputy questioned frigidly, facial features void of emotion as she kept her distance to stand near Mothwhisker in question.
    [align=center][fancypost borderwidth=0;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;font-family:verdana;width:450px;line-height:120%;]

[center][fancypost=border-width:0px; font-size: 14pt; color: #ffcc99; font-family: georgia][&] SHE WEARS STRENGTH & DARKNESS EQUALLY WELL,
    THE WOMAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN HALF GODDESS, HALF HELL.
    rper: rinnie[color=#000000] themesong #1 #2 / ref / bio

• He had awoken from a basking nap from stiff, wet coughs sounding somewhere in camp. Riverclan wasn't going to become deathly sick, were they? A shroud of concern fell heavily over his mind and he pushed himself to wobbly limbs. At a careful distance, he circled closer to the familiar faces of Cougartail and Mothwhisker and the retched, musky undertone of Bearjaw's usual aura.

Cobiapaw paused with a perplexed expression behind Cougartail with his head peeking out from behind the she-cat. "Huh? Oh, wait, is Bearjaws sick? Sick with what? Is he going to spread?" His questions passed through the apprentice's spluttering lips before he could think about it. "In that case, he's a kit-player. Doesn't that mean the kittens could be sick from him? Shouldn't we check on them to make sure his whatever-cough didn't get up'n onto them?"

[align=center][size=12][color=#696969][i]you say it is easy to shut up and stop talking[/i][/color][/size] [i][size=18]☆ ✮ ✯[/size][/i] [size=12][color=#696969][b][color=#808080]then honey be quiet beside me[/b][/color][/color][/size] [color=#696969][url='http://tinyurl.com/cobiacobra']bio[/url] [url='http://imgur.com/hoQOAQm']ref[/url][/color] [url='https://feralfront.com/board/793-riverclan/'][img='http://i.imgur.com/LveLOdq.jpg',none,181][/img][/url][/align]
    Bearjaws gave a weak smile as Mothwhisker wandered over. He had hoped not to attract any attention, thus causing worry, but it didn't seem so. They would have found out anyway, though. "Ah, I'll be fine. I just need to see Aspenpaw, maybe stay in the medicine cat den for a bit if she needs me to," he replied, trying to soothe any concern on his behalf. Dipping his head to weakly cough, he took a few steps back, not wanting him to catch whatever he had come down with.

He turned as Cougartail joined in on the inquiry, followed by Cobiapaw. A frown tugged at his lips, matching well with his glossy eyes, put on edge by the idea that he had made the kits sick. He sure hoped not, even though he had a nagging feeling in the back of his mind. "I hope not...I mean, I didn't mean to if I did. Oh, dear...," now he was just anxious for their young's health.

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=#EBEBEB; border: none; height: 315px; width: 425px;][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border:none; width: 425px; margin-left: -17px; margin-top: 1px;]

[fancypost bgcolor=transparent; background: url(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com…19/1549/1549_original.jpg) center; background-size: cover; border: transparent;width: 150px; height: 200px;][/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor=white; border: none; width: 150px; height: 80px; margin-top: -5px; text-align: center; font-size: 12px; color:black; font-family: bookman oldstyle;][fancypost bgcolor=#BDB553; height:40px; width: 20px; border: none; border-radius: 500px; margin-top: -30px;][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border:none; height: 40px; width: 20px; font-size: 30px; font-family: bookman oldstyle; color: white; margin-left: -16px; margin-top: 5px; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase;]A[/fancypost][/fancypost]
    [size=15pt][b]ASPENPAW[/size]
    willowheart xx rowanstrike
    riverclan || eleven moons[/fancypost]

[fancypost bgcolor=white; border: none; width: 220px; height: 275px; padding: 10px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: -1px;][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 220px; height: 275px; padding: 0px; padding-right: 27px; overflow: auto;][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 220px; min-height: 275px; padding: 0px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; text-align: justify; color: black; font-family: verdana;]
    » [b]APPRENTICE
    [img width=200]http://dtc-wsuv.org/avacca/por…images/horizontalline.png[/img]
    /just saw this now ahh, sorry!

Her gaze was clouded with thoughts of the past, of her mother. Those sweet soft eyes that had so lovingly watched over her in her darkest moments. The apprentice would muse over days gone by in the apprentice's den; she lifted her head as Bearjaws and his small entourage approached the medicine cat den. With Alice gone and no search party plans in sight with the brutality of Bloodclan fresh in their minds, Aspenpaw was the unofficial medicine cat of Riverclan. She did not have all the training and had never attended a half-moon gathering. Yet clanmates still sought for her in this time. The young femme wasn't sure how to feel about that responsibility, there was only so much she could do without being apprenticed and trained. It was this reason that made her stay away from the den to sleep. Only a medicine cat, chosen by a leader and blessed by Starclan was, to Aspenpaw, allowed to claim that den as theirs. So in this awkward period of unofficial responsibility she hung around and kept up the den by day but the apprentice den was her 'home'.

While these thought traveled through her cerebrum, Aspenpaw would stand and pad over to the small group. She heard Cobiapaw mention sick kittens and Bearjaws reply in worry. Tilting her head, she inquired, [b]"Hey guys, what's going on?"

As she asked her half-gaze moved to look at each feline. Cobiapaw's worry clearly emanated from his scent, was there a serious injury with the kittens? Had Redkit been hurt again? Cougartail and Mothwhisker looked quite alright, there were some new scratches on the deputy but both seemed calm and healthy. Aspenpaw focused on Bearjaws. She tested the air, searching for the Riverclanner's scent. It wasn't clear, and there was a sort of musk about it. Was he sick? Still waiting for a reply she took a step closer to the group, putting herself in a better position to see the warrior with her single functioning eye. Green filled the corners of his eyes and under his nose was a crusted texture. He must be ailing but with what?

[/fancypost][/fancypost][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border: none;font-family: arial;text-align: center;color: white;width: 390px; text-transform: uppercase;margin-top: -3px; font-size:8px; line-height: 11px;]hidden scrolling | lightsy loves you[/fancypost]

[align=center][fancypost bgcolor=#EBEBEB; border: none; height: 315px; width: 425px;][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border:none; width: 425px; margin-left: -17px; margin-top: 1px;]

[fancypost bgcolor=transparent; background: url(http://ic.pics.livejournal.com…19/1549/1549_original.jpg) center; background-size: cover; border: transparent;width: 150px; height: 200px;][/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor=white; border: none; width: 150px; height: 80px; margin-top: -5px; text-align: center; font-size: 12px; color:black; font-family: bookman oldstyle;][fancypost bgcolor=#BDB553; height:40px; width: 20px; border: none; border-radius: 500px; margin-top: -30px;][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border:none; height: 40px; width: 20px; font-size: 30px; font-family: bookman oldstyle; color: white; margin-left: -16px; margin-top: 5px; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase;][b]A[/fancypost][/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor=white; border: none; width: 220px; height: 275px; padding: 10px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: -1px;][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 220px; height: 275px; padding: 0px; padding-right: 27px; overflow: auto;][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 220px; min-height: 275px; padding: 0px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; text-align: justify; color: black; font-family: verdana;]
    » [b]APPRENTICE
    TEXT HERE

[/fancypost][/fancypost][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border: none;font-family: arial;text-align: center;color: white;width: 390px; text-transform: uppercase;margin-top: -3px; font-size:8px; line-height: 11px;]hidden scrolling | lightsy loves you[/fancypost]

[center][fancypost=background:transparent; height: 40px; width: 390px; border-color: #8AA95D; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid; border-radius: 3px; line-height: 14px; color: #8AA95D; font-family: arial; font-size: 24px;] WE SURVIVE TOGETHER [/fancypost] [size=8][color=#F8B195]blind in right eye // played by dandelion[/color][/size][/center]
    //it's quite alright c:

Bearjaws had been too occupied with his worrying for the kits that he hadn't noticed Aspenpaw at first. He focused on the medicine apprentice, trying to take his mind off his contagious nature for a moment. "I feel very...under the weather. I think I might be coming up with something," he was surprised none else had come in and reported sick. Leaf-bare was usually a time where cats got sick, but maybe it was just his weak system. He sniffled, clearing his throat and waiting for her instructions.

• [fancypost bgcolor= transparent; border: 0px solid transparent; width: 420px;][align=center]

[hr][justify][size=8]When Bearjaws revealed he was feeling a little under the weather, the gray and white tabby couldn't help but take a step back. Call him a germophobe, but Mothwhisker did not like getting sick. Anything apart from healthiness was not welcome near him. Though this was a dear Clanmate, he was a bit nervous now to be around him. He glanced to Aspenpaw, looking for advice.

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=#EBEBEB; border: none; height: 315px; width: 425px;][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border:none; width: 425px; margin-left: -17px; margin-top: 1px;]

[fancypost bgcolor=white; border: none; width: 150px; height: 80px; margin-top: -5px; text-align: center; font-size: 12px; color:black; font-family: bookman oldstyle;][fancypost bgcolor=#BDB553; height:40px; width: 20px; border: none; border-radius: 500px; margin-top: -30px;][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; border:none; height: 40px; width: 20px; font-size: 30px; font-family: bookman oldstyle; color: white; margin-left: -16px; margin-top: 5px; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase;]A[/fancypost][/fancypost]

» [b]APPRENTICE
    //ooc: greencough is very contagious so any cats in this thread are carriers of the virus, feel free to get sick, it would provide an interesting hurdle, especially with the plot that is being acted out right now! i've attached the illness info in the spoiler for anyone interested.
    // BEARJAWS is this before or after the patrol that will find the horse? just for ref.

He was the one who was sick, okay. At least that was figured out. As awkward as it was to stand in this large group of felines perhaps it would be best to find out his symptoms now, then if anyone else got them they could have a place to start.

[b]"Okay Bearjaws. Can I ask you what you have been feeling? Are you sore or cold or shivery or tired? Have you been coughing or sneezing the past couple of days? Tell me as much as you can."

She looked around at the other cats, noticing Mothwhisker take a step back. Perhaps that was good, she didn't know how contagious he was. Aspen had plenty of experiance in the wounds category but other illnesses were not her strength.

"I'd like to hear your breathing from closer if that's okay? Do you have a fever? And are you finding it difficult to breath?" The feline moved to his side, running herbs though her mind's eye as she moved. If he had a fever, some feverfew would help and they had plenty of that. Coltsfoot would help with any breathing problems. She didn't remember what that looked like. Shoot. Hopefully someone would know. Without Alice or Palemoon's sharp memory it might be difficult to figure out. Aspen bit her cheek in frustration, hoping no one would catch on to her worry and misread the situation.

[center][fancypost=background:transparent; height: 40px; width: 390px; border-color: #8AA95D; border-width: 3px; border-style: solid; border-radius: 3px; line-height: 14px; color: #8AA95D; font-family: arial; font-size: 24px;] WE SURVIVE TOGETHER [/fancypost] [size=8][color=#F8B195]blind in right eye // played by dandelion[/color][/size][/center]
  • //bump for transfer