FILLED WITH CANCERS AND POPPY TARTS || open

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Want to roleplay in a Clan equal parts passionate and fun? Check out SunClan and take part in our Fireworks Festival!

• "Wake up! Wake up you stupid boy, wake up! Do you want to leave your clan without a medicine cat? Stupid, selfish child! Up! Now!" Thrush grimaced, forcing his eyes open. "Sunbadger?" But there was no sign of the brutish Star Clanner. Not surprising; he hadn't seen her since he'd first chosen Pebblepaw as his apprentice. Star Clan, he missed Peb.

Dreams. Probably. There was no escaping her nagging. Forcing himself to his feet, Thrush realized how weak he felt. Before he could so much as wonder, they gave out, dropping him down painfully. The impact started a coughing fit, eyes squeezed shut as he hacked up a throat full of blood.

He tried to think through the buzzing in his head, silently listing symptoms and remedies. It seemed like green, maybe red cough. Fairly far along. Catmint could help ease the symptoms, at least, until newleaf when he could heal up properly.

They had already used all the catmint.

[color=white]You are THRUSHMUMBLE, a happy-go-lucky medicine cat, always energetic and bright, if a bit socially awkward.You're eager to please, to the point where it's sometimes damaging to you. You tend to be extremely anxious, paranoid, and a bit odd, but you're very friendly and loyal, with a lot of love to give. You are a slightly fluffy and matted cream tabby with low white markings. You're pretty tall, and sort of gangly and light. You have one bright green eye, and one blind blue eye.
  • [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:500px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]He heard coughing. At first he was reluctant to approach considering the male was afraid of catching an illness but he knew he had to look out for his clanmates. Of course he felt his body weakening from time to time but that was a matter for Cher's absence between a certain time period later on. For now he was quite fit, although the leader wasn't too sure how strong his immune system was. He warily appeared, frowning at the medicine cat. They couldn't lose Thrushmumble, not when he was their only chance at survival. "H-Hey Thrushmumble," the flame point began, "I know you know how to take care of yourself since you're medicine cat and all, but do you need any help?"
    [hr]

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;line-height:1.5]
    Thrushy? He quickly exited the warriors den, and headed to the medicine cat den, thinking it was some mistake. But then he saw it. "Thrushy! A-Are you alright?" He asked, coming to the Cream Tabbies paws.
    [hr]

[align=right][b]here is a letter from my lonier self[/b] [b]to the one that's in love once again[/b][/align]

• "J-just space," he coughed out. "I'm p-probably crazy contagious--you too Tatteredfur," he said, uncharacteristically stern. "Can't have any warriors out of--" he broke off in a coughing fit, blood spraying out painfully. When the coughing subsided, he wheezed softly, chest heaving. "I'm n-not going to beat around the bush. I m-might die. Even if I do make it, I won't get around much for a while. Cherrystar, is there anyone you can spare to assist me until I choose a permanent apprentice?"

[color=white]You are THRUSHMUMBLE, a happy-go-lucky medicine cat, always energetic and bright, if a bit socially awkward.You're eager to please, to the point where it's sometimes damaging to you. You tend to be extremely anxious, paranoid, and a bit odd, but you're very friendly and loyal, with a lot of love to give. You are a slightly fluffy and matted cream tabby with low white markings. You're pretty tall, and sort of gangly and light. You have one bright green eye, and one blind blue eye.
  • [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;line-height:1.5]
    "TRUSHMUMBLE!" As Blood launched through the room, it splattering at his black paws, he cried. "D-D-Don't say that! Y-y-your not going to die!" He was at the cream's side in an instance, before turning to Cherrystar. "Spare me If you have to! Make me a Medicine cat, I dont care! Just don't let him die!" He scoffed, panicking as he looked down at his friend.
    [hr]

[align=right][b]here is a letter from my lonier self[/b] [b]to the one that's in love once again[/b][/align]

• "Calm down!" Thrush said firmly, rubbing at the blood on my chin. "Didn't I just tell you to keep your space—never mind you never listen," he said, snorting slightly as he shook his head. "I could be fine. But as the medicine cat, it's my duty to make sure the clan is safe and healthy, even after I'm gone. I could be fine," he echoed. Honestly, he didn't like his odds. He wanted to see Holly, finally meet their kits he'd been waiting so long to see—but he couldn't bear the idea of getting her sick. Better she hear at a gathering he died than die with him. And Tattered… well, Thrush planned to say whatever necessary to keep his friend calm. It tore him to pieces to see that hurt in the warrior he'd grown up with.

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:500px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]Anyone to spare? That was like asking if he wanted to sacrifice any warriors or apprentices to the same illness Thrushmumble had. Cherrystar shook his head after hearing out what Tatteredfur and the medicine cat had to say. "I'll assist you until you find a successor. I have nine lives to spare. If it's that contagious, I'd rather I get sick than one of our warriors and apprentices," the leader said. Was it a crazy decision? Perhaps, but he would rather not think about it in that way. Everyone had a bit of insanity growing deep in their hearts, and Cher had to ensure the male would be able to go about their daily business. "I have a good memory and a sense of smell, so if you need me to send out a patrol to find you herbs, I'll do that. I won't let you perish."
    [hr]