Header Spotlight Contest || Ends 12/31/16

• Header Spotlight Contest || Ends 12/31/16

Hello FeralFronters, it's that time of the year again!

Not only is it the winter season, it's also the Header Spotlight Contest season! You will earn 100 credits as well as a spot in the header if you win! Writers will have their stories linked and artists will have their art featured as well as a link to their art shop if they have one. The winner will also get a SPOTLIGHT SQUAD badge that will forever and ever have them written down on our list of winners!

This member has had their art/writing featured in the header!

In addition to winners, there will be honorable mentions!

RULES

-Anyone caught submitting art/writing that is not theirs (plagiarized, traced or stolen etc...) will be disqualified from ALL FUTURE CONTESTS and depending on the severity of it, possibly issued a temporary ban as a result.

-Art work will be resized to fit the header (made into a neat little thumbnail) but the full image will be linked back to in all its glory! If you have a shop we will link to that as well!

-Writing will be linked with a small excerpt taken from it to grab attention for the tale!

-Drawn Art & Writing are in their own separate categories and will not compete against eachother, only others of the same medium.

-All forms of art and writing are allowed! Poems, traditional art, paintings, short stories!
      --- For art please keep it PG-13 with minimal blood if any at all. For writing please do the same, also your short stories may be no longer than 1k words to make it quicker for staff to read through all the entries!

THIS MONTH'S THEME IS: Holiday Cheer!

How to submit your work:

Post IN THIS THREAD HERE [LINK] with your art or writing, for writing please place it in a spoiler if its exceptionally long to avoid stretching the page!

You are welcome to include an artist/author's note that explains the meaning behind your piece if you'd like!
      Work Schedule:
      N/A
    • Re: Header Spotlight Contest || Ends 12/31/16

[fancypost borderwidth=0px; width: 450px][justify]track

staff friends
      ady was here and loves you
      machi loves you; #pechi
      you've been hoarded. be proud. -blue
      your profile has been pollinated
      sky was here :^)
      cinderwish thinks her teacher pen is v cool !
      canxer luff u
      beware maple and bill cipher!

[fancypost bgcolor=Transparent; border: 0px;width: 360px; margin-center: -5px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; font-size: 10px; font-family: broadway;]track

[/fancypost]
      ENFP-A<br /><br />[quote author=Mysteriously Maple link=action=profile;u=99672 date=1479431721]<br />MEMECLAN<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Find me on transformice, I&#039;m Spartasil!<br /><br />note to self: find a teal ribbon

[fancypost bgcolor=; background:url(http://imgur.com/SPmVWFn.jpg); background-size: 100% 100%; border-radius: 45px; ]
      [size=20pt] [shadow=white,right]We're All Stories in the End. Just Make it a Good One, Eh? -The Doctor[/shadow] [/size]
      [fancypost bgcolor= #003b6f; width:200px; overflow: auto; width: 200px; height: 175px; border: WIDTHpx TYPE COLOR; color: COLOR; border-radius: 2em 2em 2em 2em;] [shadow=white,right]
      ~IC~
      track!

[/shadow]
      [/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= #003b6f; width:200px; overflow: auto; width: 200px; height: 175px; border: WIDTHpx TYPE COLOR; color: COLOR; border-radius: 2em 2em 2em 2em;] [shadow=white,right]
      ~OOC~

[/shadow]
      [/fancypost]

©вєℓ
      [/fancypost]

[fancypost borderwidth=0; width: 350px; padding: 0px; text-align: justify; line-height: 12px; font-size: 8pt]
      writing entry
      Frozen fingers tapped
      tap, tap
      Softly on the door.

Door creaked open
      Slowly, softly
      To reveal a tired face.

Tired face smiled
      Hand beckoning a welcome
      A welcome to long lost family.

Family tiptoed in
      Eyes bright and cheery
      But souls afire within.

Pleasantries exchanged
      False pleasantries, all a façade
      Hiding the agony of death.

The death of a season,
      The death of the warmth,
      The death of all summer brought.

The death of the holidays spent together,
      The death of company,
      The death of all that was looked forward to.

The holidays are a time
      In which we mourn
      Time that is soon to end.

This time should be spent
      Making the most
      Of what we have.

art entry
      [img width=420 height=510]http://i.imgur.com/blQ7xmO.png[/img]
      tumblr
      are you deranged like me? are you strange like me? lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me? do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

The post was edited 1 time, last by dovey. ().

[fancypost bgcolor=; border: 4px solid #ffffff; width: 480px; height: 230px; padding: 10px; background: url(http://oi57.tinypic.com/zof60h.jpg);][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: inherit; height: 200px; padding: 0px; background: url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/a2ynw3.jpg); padding: 15px 0;][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 500px; height: 25px; padding: 0px; background: url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/a2ynw3.jpg); font-family: garamond; color: #151515; font-size: 15px; line-height: 25px; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 2px; margin-left: -10px]Castles in the sky sit stranded, vandilised. [/fancypost][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 460px; height: 135px; padding: 10px; overflow: hidden][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: inherit; height: inherit; padding: 0px; padding-right: 50px; overflow: auto][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: inherit; min-height: 135px; padding: 0px; font-family: verdana; color: #151515; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase]
      Hoping to enter both categories this time, not just art. Track
      [/fancypost][/fancypost][/fancypost][fancypost bgcolor=; border: none; width: 500px; height: 20px; padding: 0px; background: url(http://oi60.tinypic.com/a2ynw3.jpg); font-family: verdana; color: #151515; font-size: 8px; line-height: 20px; text-align: center; margin-left: -10px]template by #punki-chan; beware hidden scrolling[/fancypost][/fancypost][/fancypost]
      [fancypost borderwidth=0px;text-align:center;font-family:arial;line-height:15pt;letter-spacing:-2px;font-size:17pt;text-shadow: 4px 4px 4px #000;]I&#039;m gonna buy a gun and start a war[/fancypost]<br />my da &amp;&amp; [abbr=TRoT&nbsp; bandwagon time]we &lt;3 kid death[/abbr] &amp;&amp; my tumblr

A very Hellian Christmas
      This was her favorite time of the year! The decorations were so pretty, the music amazing. Not to mention the presents! That was her favorite part (who didn't have opening presents as their favorite part?) Last year Pebble had received an early Christmas present of her pet, Kishan. A runt hellhound who had managed to become the biggest to exist.
      Pebble was woken up this Christmas day by her excitement. Her eyes shot open and she could feel the excitment coursing through her. With this, she flopped out of bed, kicking Kishan out of her bed at the same time, and landed on the floor. She was up in a second before scrambling out of her bedroom to wake her Mother and Father.
      "MOM! MOM! DAD! DAAAAAD!" She screeched as she airplaned onto the bed, probably crushing her parents some. Kishan came running in barking, not knowing what was going on. Timur and Lucifer both grunted before her siblings came running in.
      "We're up! We're up!" Lucifer cried out his mercy as he too, jumped up, forcing Pebble onto the floor again. Timur got up too, chuckling st the sight of her children before following them to the tree. As soon as they were seated, they began to tear open their presents (and some of them that weren't their's).
      Pebble could say she did a good job.

[spoiler= Smile, it's the holiday!] Its a bright winter day, and nothing could be better than that. Sara didn't like the coldness that winter brought. She would always stay inside, too afraid she would get sick if she plays outside with her sister. Sara was huddled up inside her warm blanket, like always. She was watching her favorite TV show, and drinking her favorite holiday drink, eggnog. But this year, something was different. Everyone was inside, not outside. Her mother had just gotten the word that her father had died. Sara's face then became wet with tears as her mother told everyone, "Lilly-Ann? Sara? Your grandpa has past away." Sara sobbed quietly. Not even her warm blanket, or her favorite TV show, could make her happy.
      The next day,Sara's mother had received fruit cakes and cookies from friends. In a few days it would be Christmas, and Sara had an idea. She asked her mother if she could go with Macy and her mother shopping. Sara's mother said yes, and Sara was on her way to her friend's home.
      When they were at the store, Sara bought extra presents, extra decorations, and different snacks she could get. When they returned home, her mother, her father, and Lilly-Ann had went to their Grandma's. Happily, she went to work.
      It was now Christmas, and the family had just woken up. Sara had been up, though.The presents were stacked under the tree, but Sara had the best Christmas gift of them all. She took her parents and her sister downstairs, then outside. The snow was cleared off on the stone deck, and there was decorations, presents, and hot cocoa she had prepared earlier. Her family all hugged her, and they had the best Christmas, ever.[/spoiler]

[fancypost bgcolor=; border: 0px; width: 400px; height: 250px; background: url(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lxtu8EXO1r3cmlqo1_500.gif);][/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= translarent; bordercolor= transparent; borderwidth= 0px; font-family: georgia; font-style: bold; font-size: 32pt; margin-bottom: -3px; letter-spacing: -2px; text-align: center; color: white; text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #242424; margin-top: 3px;] ~кιтту~ [/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= translarent; bordercolor= transparent; borderwidth= 0px; font-family: georgia; font-style: bold; font-size: 12pt; margin-bottom: -3px; letter-spacing: 0px; text-align: center; color: silver; text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px white;] ℓιƒє ιѕ ѕιмρℓє; αℓℓ уσυ ηєє∂ ιѕ ℓσνє αη∂ α ¢αт [/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= #242424; border: 1px; width: 74px; height: 25px; line-height: 25px; color: white; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 10pt;]¢αтѕ[/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= #242424; border: 1px; width: 74px; height: 25px; line-height: 25px; color: white; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 10pt;]αяє ƒυяяу,[/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= #242424; border: 1px; width: 74px; height: 25px; line-height: 25px; color: white; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 10pt;]ωαтєяƒαℓℓѕ,[/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor= #242424; border: 1px; width: 74px; height: 25px; line-height: 25px; color: white; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 10pt;]σƒ gяα¢є[/fancypost]

[fancypost bgcolor=; border: 2px solid white; width: 399px; border-right: 0px; border-left: 0px; border-bottom: 0px;][/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor=; border: 0px; width: 399px; height: 170px; overflow: auto; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 8pt;][justify]Track!
      [/fancypost]

[fancypost bgcolor=; border: 2px solid white; width: 399px; border-right: 0px; border-left: 0px; border-bottom: 0px;][/fancypost]
      [size=5pt]TEMPLATE © BOKEH[/size]
      <br />https://feralfront.com/index.php?topic=2234496.0

[fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]
      track

and question, can I do art that has a story with it?

about me

GENERAL:
      --BUTTERCUP | BUTTERS | FEMALE
      Romantically Pansexual | Sexually Asexual
      11 | January 8th | Ages once a Year
      Roleplayer of Feralfront | Loner | "Cinnamon Roll"

IMPORTANT FACTS:
      Been on FF for 2 Years
      Central Mountain Time
      Has School from 8-3 Monday-Friday
      Roleplays In Traditional Darkclan, Shadowclan, Windclan, and Riverclan
      Roleplays in Extended Seaglassclan
      Is very Random
      Likes to Change Screename
      Enjoys Art
      Open To PMs of Any Kind

THINGS TO KNOW:
      Joined FF August 05, 2014
      Been on FF for 2 years
      Obsessed With Undertale and Hamilton
      Uses A Wacom Intuos
      Draws on Fire Alpaca
      Has The best Friends In the World Here on FF

LOOKS:
      HUMAN [birth] | health: 100%
      - Really Skinny kid with short Blonde hair/Lots of Freckles and Blue-green Central Heterochromatic eyes
      - major injuries: n/a
      - [i]minor injuries: n/a

PERSONALITY:
      She is very Social, loves to make friends. She tends to doubt herself, and is very emotional at times. She has Bipolar Disorder, but that doesn't effect her rping. She loves to Rp all animals and is open to invites and friend requests. She is a more advanced rper, but doesn't like fast paced clans. Her Favorite Animal is a cat, and loves their quirky personalities and coat colors.

RELATIONSHIPS:
      Single | ½ [nothing]
      Two Sisters | One Brother
      2 Dogs | Lots of Fish

INTERACTION:
      Message me to plot/invite to threads
      Passive Aggressive
      Emotionally Easy | Physically Easy
      Battle Dynamics [size=1][starts fights/will negotiate]

[characters] [trad darkclan]
      • artist | roleplayer •

[fancypost bgcolor=; border:none; background:url(http://i.imgur.com/e7T43wY.png)top; background-size:cover; width:460px; height:100px;][/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor=silver; border:none; width:460px; opacity:0.4; font-family:times new roman; font-size:20px; line-height:23px; color:black; text-align:center; text-transform:uppercase; margin-top:-75px;]RiverSpin[/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor=silver; border:none; width:460px; opacity:0.4; font-family:times new roman; font-size:15px; line-height:18px; color:black; text-align:center; margin-top:-5px;]How Do You Know You Can't Fly Until You've Tried?[/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor=silver; border:none; width:460px; opacity:0.4; font-family:times new roman; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; color:black; text-align:center; margin-top:-5px;]......[/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor=silver; border:none; width:460px; min-height:100px; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; color:black; text-align:justify; margin-top:-7px;]Tracking, planning on entering in both!~
      [/fancypost]
      [fancypost bgcolor=; border:none; text-align:center; color: silver; font-size:4px; margin-top:-11px;] c runt[/fancypost]
      Basic Info!
      Name
      RiverSpin

Nicknames
      River
      Raven
      Spider
      Fire
      Wolf

Interests
      RP's (Of course!)
      Warriors
      Survivors
      Wings Of Fire
      Fantasy Creatures
      Animals
      Drawing/Painting/Photography/Sketching

Schedule
      Monday - Friday (A possible check in the morning at 6:00 AM Central Time. Then once I am home basically all day. Although recently I haven't been AS active on FeralFront, but due to sudden interest in RPing again I am most likely going to jump back into my previous schedule.

Saturday - Sunday (Basically all day unless I happen to be super busy.)

Roleplay's
      I'm currently willing to RP Semi-Advanced to Advanced. I have been a roleplayer since late 2010!

Current Rp's I'm in, check them out!
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -

Display Spoiler
      [justify]Good tidings to the holidays
      Good tidings to the holidays which bring us closer together
      Good tidings and well wishes for nice and snowy weather
      Good tidings to the masses who go without each year