THE DUSTY DARKCLAN GUIDE & HP REQUEST [12/12]

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Want to roleplay in a Clan equal parts passionate and fun? Check out SunClan and take part in our Fireworks Festival!
  • [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; borderwidth=0px; bordercolor=transparent; width: 455px; height: auto; font-size: 8pt;][justify][align=center]Traditional DarkClan
    beware of the darkclan cat who will lunge from the fog
    ----

INTRODUCTION
    [size=4pt]spacehere[/size]
    Welcome young traveler to the DarkClan guide. Are you lost perhaps, or maybe checking up on updates? Whatever the reason, you are here anyway and will nevertheless be greeted by words and second person, dear old second person. We Darkclanners are known to be reserved and hostile, mysterious and brutish, known not to show mercy. But ask yourself this, is it rumour or fact? Regardless, we are a tight community, and like a family - we help and respect each other.

You notice there is a table of contents below, just in case you're looking for a particular section or are too lazy to scroll. How kind of us.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
    PART 1: territory, occupied ranks
    PART 2: religion, warrior code, rules, apprentice trials
    PART 3: darkclan badge request, high position request, guide credits

It is shamelessly admitted Part 1 was linked for aesthetic reasons.

[hr]

TERRITORYfancy a tour?
    FOREST: (x) (x) (x)
    DarkClans rocky territory is covered in a thick fir tree forest. It stretches as far as eye can see each direction, falling away as one nears the Highstones. The area is constantly blanketed by heavy layer of mist that lingers year round.

TUNNELS: (x) (x)
    There are many tunnels spread about the territory that dip underground, but only few lead to the main camp. Each tunnel is tall but reasonably narrow, perfect size for any domestic feline, but a struggle for bulkier animals. The deeper you travel into the depths, the darker they grow until you break out into the main cave.

CAMP: (x) (x)
    DarkClans camp is a large cave just beneath their territory. Many swift running creeks lead from the tunnels and feed the lake that is placed on the southwest corner of the outcropping. The floor is for the most part flat with a few cracks and sizable rocks here and there. At the very top of the camp is a ragged hole that lets in natural light as well as the elements. A fall from such a height can be fatal.

THE TALL STONE: 
    The tall stone rests in the middle of the wide river that cuts through the camp. Two or three other stones poke from the waters surface, acting like a pathway. The bolder is damp and moss covered due to constant contact with the current. This is where the leader (or deputy in the leaders absence) makes announcements and holds ceremonies.

OTHER LANDMARKS:

[hr]

OCCUPIED RANKSa bit of hierarchy
    Please refer to the Census for all characters in DarkClan!

LEADER:
    Ruler of the clan. Their word is final.
    -- Cherrystar, played by GREY

DEPUTY:
    Leaders chosen successor. Will become gain their nine lives at the death or retirement of the previous leader.
    -- Quinn, played by dodger

MEDICINE CAT:
    Healer of the clan. Receives omens from StarClan and travels with a deputy to gain their nine lives. A medicine cat gives up the life of a warrior, which means giving up chances of love or family.
    -- Thrushmumble, played by OLIVINE - -

MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE:
    Apprentice and successor of the Medicine Cat.
    -- none, played by none

ELITE WARRIORS:
    Highly respected warriors. Show exceptional skills, unfaltering loyalty, and careful wisdom. Are often seen as advisers to the Leader and Deputy.
    -- Coalstreak, played by Domino Misfit
    -- Tatteredfur, played by -- buttercup

SENIOR WARRIORS:
    Older warriors who have chosen not to retire as Elders but instead choose to continue serving the Clan. Are highly respected and often serve as advisers due to their experience.
    -- unlimited

WARRIORS:
    Heart and soul of the clan. Defends and hunts for those unable to do it themselves.
    -- unlimited

APPRENTICES:
    Warriors in training. Are chosen a mentor at their ceremony. Carries out clan chores as well as joining their mentor and other clanners on patrols. Start apprenticeship at six moons and become full warriors at twelve moons.
    -- unlimited

QUEENS:
    Expecting she cats or she cats with kits.
    -- unlimited

KITS:
    The clan's future. Appointed apprentices at six moons, and may not leave camp.
    -- unlimited

ELDERS:
    Retired warriors. Are high respected and carefully looked after so they may live their last moons in comfort.
    -- unlimited
    [/fancypost]

NLdUIAA.gif

he, him pronouns / 16 / dA

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grey. ().

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; borderwidth=0px; bordercolor=transparent; width: 455px; height: auto; font-size: 8pt;][justify]RELIGION
    DarkClan, like most of the other Traditional Clans, base their worship around StarClan. Though their belief is not required, those who doubt or have nonexistent beliefs of StarClan are usually looked down upon, but never formally receive repercussions. Clanners are welcome to believe in what they please, but everyone may not agree with their decision.

However, despite the freedom of religion, worship of the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden. The place is known to be a unforgiving, violent, and dangerous place, and those who openly believe of such a community will be formally punished by the clans leader, ranging from camp confinement to exile.

[hr]

WARRIOR CODE
    [1] Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
    [2] Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
    [3] Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
    [4] If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
    [5] Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
    [6] A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
    [7] Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
    [8] A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
    [9] The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
    [10]After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moon-high.
    [11] A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
    [12] Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
    [13] No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
    [14] The word of the Clan Leader is the warrior code.
    [15]An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
    [16] A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.

[hr]

OOC RULES
    RULES/OOC ;;
    [1] High Positions are rewarded in roleplay by the leader.
    [2] Please be respectful towards your other RPers.
    [3] This is a traditional clan, try your best to keep it that way please.
    [4] Bullying will absolutely NOT be tolerated.
    [5] Include everyone. No cliques please.
    [6] If your having problems with another RPer, contact the current leader's player and inform them. Staff will get involved if necessary.
    [7] If you have any questions or concerns not listed in the Q&A section of the guide, post here.

[hr]

APPRENTICE TRIALS
    When the time comes for an apprentice to be appointed a warrior, they are required to go through three trials to determine whether or not they are ready. The three trials are battle, survival, and endurance.

TRIAL OF BATTLE:
    During this trial, the apprentice is tested on their battle moves. Set up against a tough opponent (chosen by the mentor), the apprentice must use what skills they know against the other warrior and try to beat them in a spar. They can stay on the offensive or defensive, as long as they are not put in a position where if it where a real battle they would be dead.

TRIAL OF SURVIVAL:
    During the trial of Survival, the apprentice is given a list of prey they must hunt and present to their mentor. They are usually difference species so all of the apprentices techniques and skills are put to the test.

TRIAL OF ENDURANCE:
    This trial takes place in the Skeleton Gorge. They must survive within the rough and unforgiving terrain (fighting of the snakes, coyotes, and other predators that may be found lurking around) until they reach the foot of the mountain. There, they must climb up the steep rockfall until they come across the two-leg church. Then, they must reach the top and ring the bell, alerting a waiting patrol that the apprentice has completed the trial.

- After all three trials are complete, the apprentice is taken back to camp for food and rest. Their mentor will inform the leader of their score during the trials and the next night, they will receive their warrior name and sit vigil.

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=transparent; borderwidth=0px; bordercolor=transparent; width: 425px; height: auto; font-size: 8pt;][justify]DARKCLAN BADGE REQUEST
    Please ask Grey to send you your badge if you haven't received a badge that you are eligible for.

HIGH POSITION BADGE -- awarded to DarkClanners who are High Positions [Leader, Deputy, Senior Warrior, Medicine Cat, Medicine Cat Apprentice]. The badge given will have the rank attached to its name.

NORMAL DARKCLANNER -- given to members who represent the norm of DarkClan [Warriors, Apprentices, Kits, Elders]. The badge given will have the rank attached to its name, please specify the rank!

HIGH POSITION REQUEST

Code
    1. [b]RANK NEEDED:[/b]
    2. [b]REASON:[/b]
    3. [b]THREAD LINK:[/b]

[hr]

Guide content credits go to the writers and managers of this previous guide, gooey and GREY. Guide layout template credit goes to aloyrixs. If you were a writer or manager and have not been named or listed, post below to be added.

NLdUIAA.gif

he, him pronouns / 16 / dA

The post was edited 1 time, last by Grey. ().

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]tracking, if everyone hates it we can revert to the old guide

neither gooey or i have the pass and user for the darkclan account though!
    [hr]

• Track. This looks fantastic you guys! :3

[color=white]You are THRUSHMUMBLE, a happy-go-lucky medicine cat, always energetic and bright, if a bit socially awkward.You're eager to please, to the point where it's sometimes damaging to you. You tend to be extremely anxious, paranoid, and a bit odd, but you're very friendly and loyal, with a lot of love to give. You are a slightly fluffy and matted cream tabby with low white markings. You're pretty tall, and sort of gangly and light. You have one bright green eye, and one blind blue eye.
  • Track!

"Broken beauty in the sadness of the rain."
    "At least we aren't crying alone."

Domino Misfit | 10 moons | Female | Uses 'it' pronoun for self, and 'them' for others. | SkyClan Apprentice

• [fancypost borderwidth=0px; width: 400px; text-align: justify;][hr][hr]
    traaack
    [hr][hr]

[center][b]SPARROWFLIGHT[/b]
    traditional darkclan | male | 15 moons
    [sup][i]--- attack in [color=lightgreen]lightgreen[/color] ---[/i][/sup][/center]
  • [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; borderwidth=0pt; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase;]track

[center][table][tr][td][fancypost bgcolor=white; border: none; width: 60px; height: 5px;][/fancypost][/td][td][fancypost bgcolor=#B4B4B4; border: none; width: 60px; height: 5px;][/fancypost][/td][td][fancypost bgcolor=#494949; border: none; width: 60px; height: 5px;][/fancypost][/td][td][fancypost bgcolor=black; border: none; width: 60px; height: 5px;][/fancypost][/td][/tr][/table][fancypost borderwidth=0px; line-height: 11px;font-size:11pt; margin-top: -7px; letter-spacing: 0px;][center][sub][b][color=white]— I CAN BREATHE JUST FINE WITHOUT YOU HERE [i]![/i][/b][color=#476576]

[color=black][b][url=https://feralfront.com/index.php?topic=2465545]TRADITIONAL NAMING GUIDE[/url][/color]
  • track

[center][fancypost=background: transparent; width: 430px; min-height: 235px; font-family: Comic Sans MS; font-size: 18px; color: teal; line-height: 2px; letter-spacing: -3px; padding-top: 3px;] [align=left][i]MENTALHEART[/i][/align][fancypost=background:url('https://68.media.tumblr.com/86c93efd3af3379913b6e6a7db56d9ca/tumblr_oab9nwNQQD1vzh9j8o4_500.gif'); background-size: 430px 200px; height: 200px; width: 430px;][/fancypost] [align=right][i][b]TRADITIONAL ROLEPLAYER[/b][/i][/align][/fancypost]
  • [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;line-height:1.5]
    would you send a cherrynose badge, and normal darkclanner badge to raven's sub?
    [hr]

[align=right][b]here is a letter from my lonier self[/b] [b]to the one that's in love once again[/b][/align]
  • [fancypost bgcolor= transparent; border: 0px; width: 450px; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify]i think i'd already sent it before you had to ask aha ^^"
    also, guys, let me know if you all want to see changes in the badge system (eg different badges or none at all). always open for suggestions!

• [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:11px;line-height:1.5]
    yeah you did
    I posted, then saw that I had them in my message box
    sorry
    [hr]

[align=right][b]here is a letter from my lonier self[/b] [b]to the one that's in love once again[/b][/align]
  • [fancypost bgcolor= transparent; border: 0px; width: 450px; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify]no, no - it just means i'm one step ahead, which is good because it means i'm catering the clan well enough

• i love badges

"Broken beauty in the sadness of the rain."
    "At least we aren't crying alone."

Domino Misfit | 10 moons | Female | Uses 'it' pronoun for self, and 'them' for others. | SkyClan Apprentice

[hr]

RANK NEEDED: MEDICINE CAT
    REASON: Ravenblossom is severely injured
    THREAD LINK: https://feralfront.com/index.php?topic=2467956.0
    [hr]

Tatteredfur is an ellite warrior!
    [hr]