Fogs of Peril, Truth and Dissonance ~Semi-Advanced Persona 4 Roleplay~ 0/?? open

Looking for high quality art of your character at a reasonable price? Go to Archeron's shop!
The winners of the August Spotlight Contest have been picked! They are as follows: Writing goes to Poisonberry and Art goes to Madster! Congratulations!
Come check out our September Spotlight Contest!
Our monthly gatherings are up and are as follows: Leader, Medic, and Official!
Looking for a traditional clan that causes some chaos w/ the baddest characters around? Check out BloodClan! We have a diversity of characters & a warm ooc environment.
  • Full Name: Xanthupolus, Nami

Appearance:

Personality: Initially Nami can come across as someone overly sweet and innocent, to the point where one can wonder how she managed to land herself in a bail for forgery, for most people this is an act she she can lie, cheat and deceive her way to victory for whatever she feels she needs. She seems to care very little for the people around her and has quickly become a social outcast even among her own troubled peers because of this. As such she's initially an aloof "lone wolf" character, only approaching people when she needs to cheat something out of them. As the one who is being approached she acts more like a blank slate, never quite knowing what to say or do until she knows something of a person and tends to edit her behaviour to fit in with other people better.

Her demeanour when fighting in the TV world changes dramatically as she knows that no one sees her as the shy and innocent one. She acts wilder and tends to like using vulgar language with a slightly cockier attitude on top of that. Her sense of self preservation diminishes as well, throwing herself into dangerous situations with little thought or care, it makes her appreciate being alive. Her sense of justice and emotions are amplified as well, she can express herself and her creative talents much easier behind a "mask" as well as think quickly on her feet which lets her command a field with little difficulty. Though this also means her emotions can also get the better of her. This does not help those who try and make advances on her.

Only a few people see her innermost self, she's polite and has a huge affection for most animals (save one really annoying parrot) as well as openly expressing her artistic styles in many forms. Sometimes even able to act as a motivator, not necessarily seeing a light in the darkness, but a reason to keep pushing on with a task that to others may be seen as hopeless. She has an uncanny ability to read most people like an open book and this is where her charisma and empathy skills can also kick in. Above all, this is the self that can prove she's an honest person.

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Likes and Dislikes: Abstract art styles, the gang of misfits/friends she's formed, sweet and sour pork rice.

The authorities, rich snobs, perverts of all kinds and don't let her in the sight of mushrooms. She hates them.

Hobbies: (optional)

Clubs: "Go join them Wild Card you need those Social Links~!"
    "Shut UP Henry!"

Birthday: 27th August

Arcana: Our new Fool Arcana ladies and Gentlemen!

Shadow Self:
    "That little b!stard got what he deserved! !"
    Shadow Self Appearance: (Do this Shadow obtain any appearance changes besides the obvious golden eyes?)
    Shadow Self Personality: (What is the Shadow like? What do they lament about to their finders?)
    Shadow Self Dungeon: (If your Shadow has a dungeon when the person is thrown into the TV, what does it look like? What is it called?)
    Shadow Self Monster Form: (What is the monstrous beast that emerges when your Shadow goes beserk? What elements does it use? Does it have any attacks unique to its form? What are these attacks called, and what do they do? What are they strong against, and what are they weak against?)

Persona Name: Apate

Persona Appearance: Apate is a Persona that is covered completely by something, be it cloth, a mask, leather feathers or even chains. The only thing visible behind the hood she's always got on is a large butterfly mask that Nicole wears while she's dormant. Her cloak is formed out of what appears to be scales or feathers that all mix in blacks and yellows to create a butterfly-like wings design out the cloak. She wears mostly dark-coloured rouge-styled clothes that's interrupted by streaks of yellow all the way down to her insectile feet her hand are covered with dark leather with small claw-like fingernails. Her ankles and wrists are cuffed and chained to a plain white box that appears underneath her, almost like she's struggling to break free of it.

Persona Type:

Persona Moveset:
    Begins with - Garu, Skewer, Rakukaja, Counterstrike
    (more moves will come as I think of them)

Weapon: A long spear, Naginata, anything to make up for her initial lack of reach.

History:

Other: Nope!

• Except for the Shadow part, you're pretty much set, and therefore you are accepted! Since you are the Fool, however, I guess Nami wouldn't have to encounter her Shadow- she could have a situation like Yu's. Or she could get her persona before facing her Shadow and face her Shadow later on.

"EVERYONES DEAD"- me and everyone else who has ever roleplayed with me 2k17

yo, i'm tearabletrash. i'm a female who writes too much and has been on this site for too damn long but who cares

roleplaying with me has a 100% chance of death with also some suffering at no extra charge. you're welcome

current list of interests: (subject to change) dangan ronpa, soul eater, homestuck, persona, horror stuff

• That's a fair point. Mmm...I'll have to think about that. I haven't gotten every detail in the story worked out just yet, so just bear with me for a bit.

yo, i'm tearabletrash. i'm a female who writes too much and has been on this site for too damn long but who cares

roleplaying with me has a 100% chance of death with also some suffering at no extra charge. you're welcome

current list of interests: (subject to change) dangan ronpa, soul eater, homestuck, persona, horror stuff

• I can wait as well. the base plot you have is good, but you might want to adjust the fine details abit.

Don't try and get the best of me

City makes my body ache

City makes my body ache

Plays Ahi

"two shy guys fighting over a presumed savage. best love triangle" - mrcool909090 2017

• Also it looks like we have enough people to start. If there is something else ill be patient, but if not, I want to start ASAP

City makes my body ache

City makes my body ache

Plays Ahi

"two shy guys fighting over a presumed savage. best love triangle" - mrcool909090 2017

• The real only issue I'm having is who ia behind all this, which is funny, you'd think that'd be the first thing you would develop in a plot, but I made the idea for this thread a loooong time ago.
    It can't be Izanami, obviously, because while she says she can't guarantee humanity happiness, she won't interfere with them anymore.
    I'm thinking of using some other god or deity but I'm not quite sure yet.

In the meanwhile though, I will be making the roleplay thread today. The main reason I planned on using another god or deity for a possible hand in all this is because it'd be a bit easier on me ti explain how someone would have their Persona before facing their Shadow, y'know, with a god's influence. But I'm still at a bit of a loss because even then I'd have to explain quite a bit about that.
    Plotting a story you developed a year ago is hard. What you do for a game you love.

• Hmm, interesting. That might work.
    They could give Nami a Persona just to trigger the chaos and to keep it interesting for them.

• Sounds good. Where would the RP start?

City makes my body ache

City makes my body ache

Plays Ahi

• Do you mean where as in the thread or the setting of the roleplay?

• setting of the RP

City makes my body ache

City makes my body ache

Plays Ahi

• Oh. Its in Inaba, might be a different school though. Like maybe a different school instead of Yasogami

• ok. so a diffrent section of Inaba?

City makes my body ache

City makes my body ache

Plays Ahi

• probably.

• i'll make the thread later today by the way so be ready for that.

• say when the thread is up

City makes my body ache

City makes my body ache

Plays Ahi