SHADOWCLAN GUIDE || UPDATED 3/20

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Want to roleplay in a Clan equal parts passionate and fun? Check out SunClan and take part in our Fireworks Festival!

• [center][fancypost=background-color:transparent; border-color:white; border-width:0px; text-align: justify; width: 400px; font-size: 10pt; font-family: timesnewroman;][color=black]
    WELCOME, WEARY TRAVELER. You seem tired. Or is that just a facade? I certainly hope that you aren't here to cause any trouble. We here in Shadowclan don't deal with troublemakers in a very diplomatic way. You see, we are an Anticlan, and that means that we are among the most brutal of them all. Excuse me - we are the most brutal of them all. Boastful? Not at all. It's not boasting if it's true.

You don't seem very interested in causing issues - I suppose you could stay. But, first, let me educate you in our superior ways of life.

SUMMARY
    After the Boneyard tore ShadowClan's old territory apart, ShadowClan chose a new territory that seemed to be built just for them. Like their old home, the territory is comprised of primarily jungle, cloaked in shadows on the border to show that this is where ShadowClan begins. Typically, between the months of February and August, the weather is very humid but rainy, with periodic days of sun and dryness in between. This is called the dark season, where the sky places shadows upon the earth with clouds. Between the months of September and January, the the weather is hot and dry. This is the light season, with sunny skies projecting their warmth for all of ShadowClan to see.

THE TERRITORY
    The northern outskirts of the territory are made up of fields with swirling trees. They seemed to have been planted here by humans but there is no sign of any human living here for a very long time, so long that the rain from past years has washed away any scent of past residents completely. Before ShadowClan starting living here, about ten years before, it was inhabited by a human tribe, so sometimes the remains of their belongings can be found around territory. This part of the territory is the only place where snow can be found between the months of November and January, but as soon as it comes, it is gone.

The southern outskirts are made up of a darker jungle than the one that we see to the west and the east. Dark greens and blacks are the main colours here, there are rarely any colourful sort of flowers, almost as if this place is cursed. ShadowClanners often come here to bury the dead or the murdered, or to make dirt. No clans border this part of the territory, so it is almost always free from any other clan sight. The prey that live here usually are scavengers that feed off the carcasses or leaves. Birds like crows, starlings, and a wake of vultures can be heard up in these trees. For ShadowClanners able to hunt birds, the southern part of the territory makes an ideal hunting spot for a meal.

The west and the east part of the territory holds most of the jungle that ShadowClan used to know. This jungle seems like it came from a dream. In the eastern jungle, a stream that runs down towards a spring that is deep enough to swim in. It holds a few similarities to the basin of the old territory, but not quite the same. The water in this spring is fresh and drinkable, and keeps warm throughout the whole year. The water in this spring is also clear, you are able to see the bottom just by looking at it! A few treasures can be found in the water, left by the humans that lived here before. The trees, shown in the pictures above, are thick enough to support a lot of weight, and the branches come close enough together that any member could make it to the border from camp on either side without having to touch the ground.

The Main Area & Dens
    The camp is truly a sight to behold. It is also mostly made of trees, but the main tree is where all events occur. The Shadowkeeper holds their meetings in the space where the branches separate, and the edges are blocked by the bark of the tree that swerves up to prevent anyone falling from the tree unless they try. The glowing that emits from the tree is caused by a large stone in the middle of camp, the Shadowkeeper sits here to make announcements, and it is also believed to be a way to connect with spirits through contact with the stone.

The Shadowkeeper lives on the highest point of the tree, above the main tree there are small stairs that lead up to a den hidden among the branches of the large oak. There are a few windows that showcase an amazing view, and it is larger than most of the other dens. The high positions live usually, in the houses at the base of the tree leading up to the meeting area. The regular members live in trees that surround the main one such as these ones or these ones, and on the on the outskirts of the camp, which is surrounded by a river, large trees protect the middle of the main area that have houses built into their mushrooms. The main battle force of the clan, usually consisting of the warriors, sleep on the outside, whereas apprentices, kits, and elders sleep closer towards the middle.

RELIGION

ShadowCan doesn't have any set belief, but rather freedom of religion. Members are allowed to believe in anything they wish to, and those who believe in any sort of god or deity are not to be treated any differently than those who don't. Rudeness or discrimination toward any religion will not be tolerated, and anyone who picks fights over what someone else believes will be duly punished.

TRADITIONS

- As ShadowClan is strictly anti-clan, all members are encouraged to raid clans not under neutrals or allies with permission from the leader. They are also encouraged to partake in captures and tortures; as this is a normal occurrence within the clan, members may not attempt to end someone's torture by fighting against their clanmates. They are allowed to not agree with them, but they may not step in to try and stop it.

HIGH POSITIONS

SHADOWKEEPER
    The Shadowkeeper is the highest rank in the hierarchy. They are the leader of ShadowClan and have a final say in everything. The Shadowkeeper is in charge of hosting meetings, maintaining high positions, and making sure ShadowClan is the best it can be. They are expected to be a worthy representative of ShadowClan, which means being tough and resilient, and never willing to give up. They have the authority to do anything.

Sango, roleplayed by Tea

GRAVEDIGGER
    The Gravedigger acts as the deputy/vice-leader to ShadowClan. They are a member with whom the Shadowkeeper puts great trust in and are expected to become the next Shadowkeeper when he, she, or they die, vanish, or are exiled. The Gravedigger works with the Shadowkeeper to be the backbone of ShadowClan. They can do everything except make major decisions for the clan and accept alliance requests.

Finch, roleplayed by Copper!

NIGHTWATCHER
    Nightwatchers are the third rank in the hierarchy. They are the assistant deputies of ShadowClan who have proven their loyalty and worth over and over. Nightwatchers are tasked with hosting raids, battle trainings, but also keeping peace within the clan. Nightwatchers are also meant to bring up ideas to the leader and the adviser for events. They are seen as role models to ShadowClan, and are in charge of teaching the clan and keeping watch over the Shadehunters and the Duskreachers. They can accept invites and raid requests and host raids without permission.

Chardonnay, roleplayed by Vend

Haiiro, roleplayed by Vaud

SPIRITCALLER
    A high position that acts as the designated healer of the clan. They are tasked with being a secondary adviser aside from the Gravedigger and usually have the ability to look into the afterlife. Typically wise, the Spiritcaller is a position aside from the hierarchy that allows members with this rank to still climb the ranking tree. If they do not hold a secondary rank above Shadehunter, they are equivalent to the Shadehunter in power.

Haiiro, roleplayed by Vaud

SHADEHUNTER
    Shadehunters are the fourth rank in the hierarchy. The Shadehunters are the core fighting force of the clan who have seen more than their fair share of clan life. They are experienced and well-worn into the ways of ShadowClan. Though they generally help with minor issues. If they choose, they can specialize in Hospitality, Espionage, Warfare, or Rescue. They work directly beneath the Nightwatchers and are expected to be a mentor to the Duskreachers. They cannot accept invites or raid requests.

Drogo, roleplayed by Monster
    Xia, roleplayed by Raebear
    Reducedemotions, roleplayed by tba

DUSKREACHER
    A semi-high position of the clan, Duskreachers are more of a title than anything. It is the first step to further promotions. Duskreachers are the welcoming committee and often go about welcoming new joiners to the clan. They are responsible for making sure that other members feel at home and to offer tours as well as come up with bonding type events.

Cassidy, roleplayed by Aj
    Hiruko, roleplayed by Alakritous
    Calina, roleplayed by tropics
    Crinesmal, roleplayed by TheCakinator09

SPIRITSEEKER

Spiritseekers are a rank outside of the hierarchy that allows healers to still climb the ranking tree. Spiritseekers are designated healer apprentices that train under the Spiritcaller to become official healers. They are a semi-high position and equivalent to Duskreachers in power if they do not hold a secondary rank.

none yet

REGULAR RANKS.

WARRIOR - Members that are fully trained and/or 12+ months of age
    APPRENTICE - Members 6-12 months of age, in training to become warriors
    CHILD - Members 0-6 months of age
    QUEEN - Pregnant or nursing mothers
    ELDER - Retired members of the clan

TITLES

DEVASTATOR
    This title is given to only the most bloodthirsty members of the clan. They excel at capture, torture, raids, and most importantly, murder. It would be best not to get on their bad side.

TRAILBLAZER
    This title is given to the members who often present new ideas and innovations to the clan.

PATRIOT
    This title is given to members who have shown extreme loyalty through hard work and persistence.

SOCIABLE
    This title is given to those who are friendly and welcoming to everybody they meet.

SHADOWSTALKER
    This title is given to someone who is extremely active and a complete legend in being on top of everything happening.

ALLIES
    BloodClan, Darkclan, Westeros, BlizzardClan, The Elite, ColouredClan, Moonclan, Thunderclan

NEUTRALS
    StormClan, PalisadeClan, RiverClan [truce], SkyClan,

ENEMIES
    The Exiles, SunClan, HawkClan, WindClan, ScarClan, BoneClan, The Cartel
    EVERYONE NOT SEEN ON THE NEUTRAL OR ALLY LIST

F.A.Q

HOW/CAN I JOIN?
    Of course! Anyone can join simply by making a thread with your character requesting to join. Or, if you don't feel like making a joining thread, you can simply pretend as if your character had been there the whole time.

DO I HAVE TO ROLEPLAY A CAT?
    Nope. Any animal is welcome here, whether you're a six-legged fish or a flying pig!

WHAT STATUS IS SHADOWCLAN?
    ShadowClan is strictly an anti-clan. They also operate as such, including tortures, captures and murder of any and all enemies. It is common for a ShadowClanner to start fights with enemy clans, and they tend to cause a lot of trouble on their own.

CAN I BE A HIGH POSITION?
    Not immediately, no. However, if you are active, interact with everyone, and provide ideas and such, you will be noticed and considered for promotion.

WHAT IF MY CHARACTER DOESN'T LIKE ANOTHER?
    Fight it out! If nothing can be done by talking an issue out, it's encouraged to fight and release your anger that way; don't like somebody? Fight them. It is asked, however, that there be a crowd watching so people don't end up killing each other.

WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION?
    If you're confused about something or have a great idea that you want to try out, great! Feel free to make a thread in the leader's den and have your query answered or your suggestion heard!

WHAT ARE THESE 'SHOUTOUTS' THAT ARE HAPPENING AT MEETINGS?
    A shoutout is basically saying that it has been noticed that your character is doing a good job in ShadowClan, whether it's coming up with ideas, being friendly to newcomers, or being an overall positive influence. Perhaps they're not going to get a promotion just yet, but if you get a shoutout, you're definitely on the right track.

WHY AM I NOT BEING PROMOTED?
    There are many things that can factor into why your character is not being promoted despite being active. Before a meeting is put up, the leader and HPs usually discuss who is worthy of promotions and who deserves a demotion that week. Some things that can be a 'make it or break it' for promotions are if you're sporadically active, cliquey or exclusive oocly, etc. Those who are promoted deserve it for their OOC inclusiveness and helpfulness as well as their IC actions!

WHERE DO I GO TO GET A TITLE BADGE, OR A POSITION BADGE?
    Just post in this thread, and specify which position badge and title badge you need! Make sure to say its a ShadowClan whatever badge, or ShadowClan whatever title.

• [fancypost borderwidth=0px; width: 450px; text-align: justify][size=8]whispers track
    [hr]

[/fancypost]

YOURE DRINKING BOTTLED LOVE NOW !

• [fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]
    tracking
    [hr]

[align=center][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4f/7a/c8/4f7ac8d5921c4d3feeaaa1fe754c2baa.gif[/img][/align]
  • [fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:425px;text-align:justify;font-size:12px][font=arial]
    track

this vessel, this vessel is a lie

a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity

• [fancypost bgcolor=; border: 0px; width: 450px; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify; line-height: 1.4]track
    [hr]

• [fancypost bgcolor=; borderwidth=0px; bordercolor=; width: 375px;][justify]track !

[size=3pt]a

[align=center] [b][font='Times New Roman, Times, serif'][size=10][color=#ADD8E6][img]http://i.imgur.com/JK15azt.png[/img][/color][/size][/font][/b][/align][font='Times New Roman, Times, serif'][color=#ADD8E6][size=10][/size][/color][/font] [align=center]I'm imagining ross throwing science books at ppl who touch his kids 'fEEL THE POWER OF NEWTON'S LAWS OF MOTION' - by Tea[/align]
  • [fancypost borderwidth=0px; width:500px; text-align:justify; font-size:10pt;]
    track

[center][size=3][i]moved accounts!
    find me [url=https://feralfront.com/index.php?action=profile;u=288235]here![/url]
  • [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]
    track

[align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/XBPOKNB.png[/img] [size=18][font='Times New Roman, Times, serif'][b][color=#000000][size=14]AND YOU, YOU MAKE ME WHOLE AGAIN[/size][/color][/b][/font][/size][/align]
  • [align=center]  [fancypost borderwidth=0px; padding:0px; height:6px; background-color:black; width:375px; margin-top:-5px; opacity:0.6][/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor=; borderwidth=0px; bordercolor=; width: 450px; margin-top: -6px;][justify][font=arial][size=9pt][color=#969696]Tracking

Now at the end of everyday I lie awake at night and wait to feel the wires of my brain get cut and quietly rearranged, and hear my beaten heart exclaim,"Still, I refuse to let him go."

ftm / domestic feline / all opinions ic

(all posts made on mobile excuse typos)

• [fancypost bgcolor= transparent; border: 0px solid black; font-size: 11px; width: 400px; text-transform: lowercase;]✯ god damn right, you should be scared of me !
    [/fancypost][fancypost bgcolor= transparent; border: 0px solid black; color: silver; font-size: 12px; width: 400px; text-transform: lowercase;][justify]
    track

[hr]

[/justify]
    [/fancypost]

4195365_WfoJA1ar7PHlKOT.png

AND I MIGHT JUST TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY
    BUT I DON'T MIND BABE THERE'S NOT MUCH TO SAY

• [fancypost bgcolor= translarent; bordercolor= transparent; borderwidth= 0px; font-family: times; font-style: italics; font-size: 26px; margin-bottom: -5px; letter-spacing: 5px; text-align: center; color: #e64949; text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #e64949;]raspbel preserves[/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor= #e64949; border: 2px solid #b81d1d; color: #b81d1d; width: 234px; text-align: center]underneath it all we're just savages[/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor= trasnparent; border: 1px solid transparent; color: silver; width: 400px; font-size: 12px; font-family: verdana][justify] track!
    x

[/justify]
    [/fancypost]
    [fancypost bgcolor= translarent; border: 0px solid transparent; color: #e64949; text-align: center; width: 200px][hr]
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    [hr][/fancypost]

[center][color=#e64949][abbr=good girls should be in bed by now]♡ ♡ ♡[/abbr]
    [b]-- HIDDEN UNDER SHIRTS, TIES AND MARRIAGES[/b][/color][/center]
  • [fancypost bgcolor=; border:0;width:450px;text-align:justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height:1.5]
    tracking!
    [hr]

[center][fancypost borderwidth=0;font-size:13pt;line-height:.9;color:#000;letter-spacing:.1px][font=arial][b][i]might be a sinner and i might be a saint[/fancypost]
    [fancypost borderwidth=0;font-size:9.3pt;line-height:.8;color:#000;margin-top:-9px;letter-spacing:.4px][font=arial]I'D LIKE TO BE PROUD BUT SOMEHOW I'M ASHAMED
    [s][color=transparent]————————————[/s] ★ [s][color=transparent]————————————[/s]
  • [align=center][fancypost bgcolor=;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt]track!

[hr]

• [fancypost borderwidth=0px; width: 450px; overflow: auto; font-size: 9pt; text-align: justify; color: silver; font-family: verdana;]tracking this!

[center][b][color=#ecf6ff]✧.° underdog, just look at the mess you've made,
    it's such a shame we had to find out this way.
  • [fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=transparent; color:; font-size: 8.5pt; text-align: justify; overflow: auto; width: 500px;][font=georgia]Tracking.
    [hr]

[center][fancypost borderwidth=0px;text-align:center;font-family:arial;line-height:15pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-size:9pt;][color=#fff][i][b]I'M ON THE WRONG SIDE OF HEAVEN[/b]
    AND THE RIGHTOUS SIDE OF HELL [url=http://]☄[/url][/fancypost]