(P: Enjoy) Two Imperfections

• OOC: XP

(hunh, Lithio upset about Peridot, interesting XP)

IC: "Aah! Lithio, easy!" Pyrite cried worriedly, stepping up beside her as Lithio winced. She kind of forgot she was a bit too small to help.

Mrs. Miller and Greg glanced at each other, worried but not sure what to make of Lepidolite's reaction.

"Stop!" Steven cried frantically, running out onto the sand next. "Don't do this! Listen to me, I'm who you're missing! I'm Pink Diamond!"

All the stories. All of them.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"If you could soldier on
    headstrong into the storm
    I'll be here waiting on the other side
    don't look back the road is long, the first days of the war are gone...
    you'll never make it to the great unknown til you keep your eyes open my love
    so tell me your strong tell me you see
    I need to hear it can you promise me to keep your eyes open my love."
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: (more frustrated she can't do anything against her old tormentors and help someone, but sure XP)

IC: Yellow's eyes initially widened in surprise at the voice and the boy running forward, but then her face curled into a scowl of recognition.

"You--" The growl left, and without a thought and a lean into the starting pose of a runner, Yellow Diamond was dashing across the sand, only trying to stop when she was above Steven. She raised a leg to curb stomp him into the ground.

(and it hurts to write this more post Future.)

Lithio recognized the winding up and moved her arms desperately to wake something up, anything up before---the scene continued in slow motion. For as much as she wasn't as emotionally attached to Peridot and Steven as she was to Pyrite and the others, seeing a Gem she loathed attack anyone, especially someone who had no say in all this, was infuriating to say the least. No, it wasn't infuriating, the anger building in her chest was difficult to describe, but it was more. Something more licked at her from the very foundation of her being, and she felt like she was the Lithio of even last year again. Cracked and thrown together, a mess waiting to come apart, nothing more then a science experiment that was built to last two minutes, and then an internal roil of power responding to her anger reminded her that things had changed. She had changed, and she had proven to herself she could take on these Gems. These Diamonds. They weren't going to put anyone on these beach under their boots again if she had a say in it, and they had the power to take back control. Lithio, Leppy, and White were the ones running the show now, not Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, or even White Diamond.

Lithio found herself burning with that anger and that well of power she had only gotten glimpses of start to rear it's head. Instead of tentatively stepping in and holding it back, the Gem let it consume her this time. Anger burned it's way eagerly through her form, and that green aura was just as eagerly coming back to consume her own form. After it engulfed her, Pyrite might feel a familiar sensation start to take the space immediately around Lithio. While before it had only affected her surroundings that strongly when Lithio the forced fusion was trying to access more of her power then her shattered Gems could handle, properly fused Lithio Laser Crystal took that power and threw it upon herself. As her own aura engulfed herself for once, the Gem began to float a little off the ground, and a few rocks and such in her very immediate vicinity followed suit. The orb flashed into existence once more, but this time it came into existence already with the strange patterns of green flowing through it in little lightning streaks, and Lithio's new sight focused on the strong auras of Yellow Diamond.

A clenched fist in her lower hands punched out towards Yellow Diamond, aiming to give an invisible but strong punch to the gut to the Diamond to, at the least, have enough power to throw Yellow back at Blue at a high velocity. It was also to removed Yellow Diamond from the spot that she had stomped on Steven, poor Steven. That poor kid----

"Have a fight with an actual Gem, you coward." Lithio would later note the voice that came out was distorted, almost sounding like multiple of her in different octaves, and almost producing a telekinetic energy itself. "Or does a clod like you not have the intelligence to pick your fights properly? Or maybe you're scared to lose to a fusion?"

"Woe unto them who call good evil, and evil good; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter." --Isaiah 5:20
  • OOC: (you know what I mean lol XP but ooof, old tormentors ;.; wait till Pyrite gets to tell one of them off on Lithio's behalf though XP)

IC: As Yellow Diamond was thrown back, Steven's prone, out cold body was revealed sprawled in the sand, his shield having done little to stop the attack.

"STEVEN!" the Crystal Gems all cried, and started to spring into action themselves.

Pyrite jumped as Yellow Diamond flew back, gaping at the whole scene. Steven--?! And then she just--?! Wha--!? Then she started to realize what she was feeling from her side, and glancing up she saw Lithio starting to glow and float, and nearby rubble starting to float as well. Beyond her fear, it made her oddly, sadly nostalgic. Surprised and uncertain, though, she took a few steps back.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: Lol, yes, love that idea XP

IC: Yellow Diamond let out a surprised gasp as she was flung back, but couldn't make a further noise as she was flung back into Blue Diamond, at the very least collapsing herself. It also didn't get her a chance to answer back to Lithio's insolence.

"Get Steven," Lithio directed in that mystically echoing voice back towards the Crystal Gems/Pyrite as she floated forward towards the two Diamonds. "And help me if you can, but back up if you don't want to be mixed up."

Lapis seemed undeterred by the brisk response, and took to the air again with her water wings.

"Woe unto them who call good evil, and evil good; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter." --Isaiah 5:20
  • OOC: probably will be WD XP
    (super saiyan Lithio)

IC: Blue Diamond gasped and scowled deeper as she caught Yellow, stumbling a little. "What's this?"

The Crystal Gems nodded in agreement, each scowling ferociously as they ran to join Lithio in battle.

Pyrite stood gaping for a few seconds longer before everything started to sink in for her a little. Steven...his aunts would be too busy fighting and probably needed, and they probably didn't know much about human first aid. She ought to get him out of the way, the poor kid. With a few brain cells of lucidity, Pyrite tried to grab Leeona's hand and run over to Steven with her, figuring Leeona would have frozen up too. Welp, they could both freeze up together in a minute once they got Steven and got the h*ll out of the way.

As she ran over to Steven, Connie and Lion ran to him too. "STEVEN!"

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: Which will be even better, as I can imagine White or Lithio going back to Homeworld after WD learns her new use of her powers and offers, and White comes back in a strange Mood and it happens bc of that, or maybe earlier, who knows XP

(I mean... XP)

IC: Yellow steadied herself and stood up once more from Blue, any surprise in her face covered by the intense anger curling through her veins at the audacity of one of her lowly experimentsattacking her.

Lithio was already noticing Yellow preparing to attack, and her own power was dredging up millennia of old feelings, calling for blood. It rushed up and caused her to focus, especially as she felt the Crystal Gems and Lapis rush towards her. Internally, she yelled at them for not getting Steven, but it was washed away from her own maelstrom of power.

Indeed, it was making her antsy, and she tried to shrug it off to rationally consider the situation, but it was too late to calm down. Aura flaring, Lithio suddenly jolted forward, aiming for a spot between the two Diamonds to shove them apart. She managed to grapple Yellow Diamond's shoulder, then attempted to shove her forward---towards the Crystal Gems---and she then attempted to put a hand on Blue Diamond's chest above her Gem and shove her into the water, all the while glaring in the direction of Blue Diamond's aura.

• OOC: oh man :o lol I was just thinking today about Pyrite telling WD off if she tried to set foot on the farm. Stevene to Kevin is Pyrite to WD XD
    (XDD)

IC: Blue Diamond huffed as Lithio shoved them apart, and she tried to charge and throw a blast of her power at the fusion again. What was this power and audacity? Lithio had neither before!

The Crystal Gems gladly took Lithio's cue and jumped into battle against Yellow Diamond like they had before.

Connie slid off of Lion and desperately ran over to Steven's unconscious body. Pyrite made sure Leeona was safely out of the way of anything and ran up to kneel by the kids next.

"Steven! Steven, are you okay?! Come on, Steven, get up! Steven!"

"Connie, Connie!" Pyrite called, putting a firm hand on the girl's shoulder. "Easy! We gotta get him outa the way! Then I'll check him! Connie! Come on!"

Pyrite eventually got Connie back on her feet. She laid Steven over her shoulder so she could carry him and see Connie and Leeona out of the way. Keeping Steven steady with one hand and grabbing Leeona's hand in the other, she ran with them and Lion back over to the porch with the human adults, dodging a few stray blasts from the Crystal Gems' battle with Yellow Diamond.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: XD I can't wait to see it then, especially as White freezes up before trying to say something XP

IC: Yellow stumbled forward in surprise, but her glare simply hardened as the Crystal Gems rushed her. She quickly considered all of them before her eyes fell upon the Lapis Lazuli, who was in the middle of saying something when Yellow raised a hand and zapped her, poofing said Gem.

Lithio took a blast, but only found herself pushed back a few feet. Once she recovered, she attempted to shoulder ram the Diamond to try and push her onto her back while the Gems hopefully took care of Yellow Diamond for the time being.

Leeona forced herself to wake up around then, slowly shaking her head at the running around and trying to make sense of their situation. Steven was out---hopefully not dead---and the Diamonds were fighting Lithio and the Crystal Gems. What kind of world was this...?

"P-Pyrite...."

• OOC: XD that will be something. "perfect gem told off by yorkshire terrier'

IC: Blue Diamond cried out in surprise at the move and tried to dig her feet in to push back at Lithio. What insolence!

Pyrite laid Steven down and jumped at Leeona's speaking up. "Oh, thank stars," she sighed in relief that Leeona was coming back to her senses seemingly. "Y-yeah?" As they talked, she started to check Steven over worriedly. Connie knelt at Steven's other side, holding his hand desperately.

"Steven, please! Wake up!"

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: Pfft, why a Yorkshire terrier? XP

IC: Lithio did a similar motion when Blue Diamond didn't go down. It prepared her for the next action: the strange white circle focused in on Blue Diamond's Gem again, and this time when Lithio reached for Blue Diamond, she used her upper set of hands to hold the Diamond's hands away and the bottom set to try and set Leppy's Gem on the Diamond's. If she were to try something crazy, now was the time. If she could manage to hold the Diamond and place Leppy's Gem on Blue Diamond's Gem. Internally, this did make White pause as the situation seemed to fully hit her, but Lithio was too focused to notice.

"I-I'm scared...I c-can't do this..." Leeona started to panic, trying to take a few steps back away from the pair and even letting out a small cry as more debris from the fight with the Crystal Gems and Yellow Diamond came past. She actually almost bolted if it wasn't for Lepidolite coming over to take Leeona's hands.

"Leeona," While Lepidolite was very shaky and uncertain herself, she tried to catch the Pearl's gaze and at least calm her down enough so that Leeona wouldn't run from instinct. "We're f-fine, take a d-deep breath."

• OOC: small yappy daring dog XP

IC: Blue Diamond went wide eyed in indignation as Lithio tried to hold her down and touch her Gem. With all her Diamond strength, she tried to break free from Lithio's hold, and she sent out a grief field to try to disrupt her magic and stun her.

Pyrite smiled wanely as Lepidolite stepped up to help. To be honest, she was frazzled too, and she didn't know what she would have done if Leeona had bolted.

Connie suddenly blinked and looked around at seemingly nothing. "Hunh? Steven? Hunh?" she asked the air. "W-where are you? How are you do..?"

"Connie?" Pyrite asked with a frown of confusion. Connie didn't seem to hear her, or seemed to be focused on something else.

"Ah, of course! So, what's the plan?...Got it! Pyrite and I are already on it! Good luck out there, Steven..."

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: pfft

IC: Lithio seemed to be able to hold off the Diamond strength well, for all it did push her back slightly midair, but the grief field caused the fusion to wince and falter in the strength of her power. The eye weakened and Lithio felt her mind split between a half-aura seeing state and her actual sight, causing the fusion to experience a strange dizziness that did indeed stun her for the moment.

"Connie?" Lepidolite could only ask, not even able to look over as she had to keep eye contact with Leeona to keep her calm. It was working, but very slowly, and would take a moment despite the chaos. "Pyrite, what is she doing...?"

• OOC:

IC: Blue Diamond huffed as she finally got a moment from the fighting. "You will pay for you insolence, Lithio Lazer Crystal..." she growled, charging a blast and stepping towards the stunned fusion.

"I dunno," Pyrite said, tilting her head at Connie inspectingly. "Connie?"

"Hunh? Oh! I'm okay, guys! I was just talking to Steven!" Connie replied, starting to frown determinedly. "He's doing some psychic ghost thing! It happens to him sometimes. He's going to try to get through to the Diamonds that way."

"Psychic g-g-ghost thing??" Pyrite cried worriedly, hoping that didn't meant what she thought it meant. Oh god oh stars oh no--

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC:

IC: Despite her stunned state, and stumbling backward slightly as she temporarily let go of Blue Diamond, the fusion couldn't help a wry chuckle. Her gaze turned up towards the Diamond with a rather defiant look.

"Is this all you can go on about? Fighting and shattering Gems with reasonable grudges and your obsession over a dead Pink Diamond? Maybe I can teach you that your grief isn't the only thing that matters to all other Gems---" And despite her own dizziness and her split vision, the fusion would suddenly leap at the Diamond, attempting to once again hold the Diamond by wrapping herself around the Gem. Without another word, she placed Leppy's Gem against Blue's Gem and, along with the circle suddenly gaining in strength and creating another tractor beam like appearance, Lithio would try to access Blue Diamond's Gem for one purpose--with all of her own memories, with Leppy's, with White's, and what the three had witnessed and sensed others go through and force all of their grief and pain into Blue Diamond.

"We all have our own pain to deal with--" Lithio hissed as she tried to start, the half uncovered eyes staring into Blue Diamond's with hate she no longer tried to conceal, with defiance she had longed to let loose directly at one of the Diamonds. "You all aren't the center of the universe. You aren't the only one with inexpressible grief, and you've been the cause of so many other Gems grief! Your grief over Pink Diamond's shattering---imagine that in thousands of other Gems! What you feel, they feel, and they are left with even more terror that you could do it to them as well. And you think nothing of it! If you can't think about it yourself, maybe I can just show you. Just like your force your emotions on others, let me do the same, and prove to you that we can do more then understand your grief about Pink Diamond's death. Let me show you your grief is understand, and is still insignificant compared to the despair you useless forms of carbon spread about because you think you're better because you got lucky that you weren't formed into the coal your hearts say you should be---!"

With that declaration, if Lithio had managed to get a good enough grasp on the Diamond, she would direct all of that undercurrent of power---now a raging flood powered by her rage and the collective righteous anger of all the Gems she had ever interacted with and their despair and fear---into using her enhanced Lepidolite powers to make Blue Diamond feel every single emotion to a mind numbing extreme. To get her point across that all Gems had not only indeed suffered that same pain Blue Diamond couldn't seem to get past, but were still suffering and it wouldn't let up with them in charge. If it worked, it would also cause another pressure change around them, causing the air to suddenly rush towards them and then into the sky directly above the pair, and Lithio's aura would surround both Gems and actually engulf an area a few feet around from them. An odd mental presence similar to Blue Diamond's aura would also be noticeable in the area for the other Gems, and for Pyrite in particular, she would feel something very familiar to that mental space and when Lithio had shoved White Diamond out of her mind.

Leeona jumped in surprise at Pyrite's words, eyes darting to Steven, as wide as saucers.

"I-is he...?" And then she jumped in surprise at the strange yet familiar presence, reminded of all those times Lithio had lost control and almost deformed entirely. This time felt...more controlled though...

(speaking of, Steven will see something strange in his ghost realm now that I think about it, but I'll wait to see if you let that above happen before I explain ^^")

• OOC: how do I compete with that? XDD

IC: Blue Diamond started to cast her grief field out again to try to dislodge and disorient Lithio. Her magic faltered, though, at first from shock and outrage that Lithio would dare touch her Gem, then from mentally stumbling at Lithio's sudden awful magic.

"I d-don't think so," Pyrite mused, and jumped at the sudden rush of air from Lithio's...whatever she was up to. Then an oddly familiar, creeping feeling came across them, and Pyrite felt a faint headache coming on with a strange faded memory. What was going on?

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe