Hearts of Diamonds & Clubs like Spades (P; GreenTealiger)

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • OOC: Lol XP

IC: (I just keep forgetting and I feel bad ^^")

(Lol, a bit XP)

"I'll believe it when I see it." Sirius chuckled, only giving the rib something slight to react to.

Walden quickly grabbed some himself.

"So what does the Elder Star do?" Walden asked next before taking a bite, uncertain what the difference was between that and a regular star. What did that mean for them, considering their grandfather was the Elder Star?

"Woe unto them who call good evil, and evil good; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter." --Isaiah 5:20
  • OOC: (well rip XP it's okay, there's a lot going on)

IC: Stella jumped in surprise at the question. "Oh. Oh! Oh my goodness, dears, I didn't realize you didn't understand that," she started, clearly delighted to get to lecture about something. "The Elder Star is the star in charge of the collective of stars. But not so much like a king; rather, more like a president. They oversee the discussions between the vast majority of stars--for lack of a better word, the magical bureaucracy between them, heh--and tend to any major disasters throughout the universe that require a star's presence more than usual. The title comes with a great boost in their magic, so that they have the strength to see to any such extraneous circumstances. They also tend to be the stars' representative to their counterparts, the Reapers. The good ones, that is. Usually, they are the oldest star, hence the name."

(Methuselah, in the distance: have anxiety, mostly)

All the stories. All of them.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"If you could soldier on
    headstrong into the storm
    I'll be here waiting on the other side
    don't look back the road is long, the first days of the war are gone...
    you'll never make it to the great unknown til you keep your eyes open my love
    so tell me your strong tell me you see
    I need to hear it can you promise me to keep your eyes open my love."
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC; Always XP

Pfft, stop being a mood, Methuselah

IC: "Oh, huh..." Walden's reply found itself lackluster while he tried to find a proper response. Or what he could do with that information in the first place. A leader to the whole body of stars, sounded like a lot. "...why don't you think you'd be suited, Ms. Sirius?"

Though surprised by the question, Sirius gave a small smile and let herself grow thoughtful.

"I just think the job should go to someone a little more thoughtful. Besides, I'm more a follower~" Came the lighthearted response, as Sirius wasn't taking her response too seriously. Her grin widened when Walden couldn't help but scoff/chuckle at such a carefree response.

"Woe unto them who call good evil, and evil good; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter." --Isaiah 5:20
  • OOC: XP the oldest star is the most millenial

IC: "You're sure stubborn enough for it," Stella deadpanned at the joking around. Like black holes she wasn't suited for the job.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC; the most negative experience XP

IC: "But that's where it ends~" Another cheery, light hearted response for an otherwise serious topic. Kessler at least noted it was his mother feeling better emotionally from the whole ordeal.

"I'm sure you, or any of your little trio, could honestly be good candidates." Kessler rebuked, nodding to himself st the reminder of Betelgeuse and Procyon.

• OOC: ooooof Enjoy XD

IC: (Cough foreshadowing Kessler cough)

Stella thought about that in surprise, and nodded. "You know, I think he's right," she chuckled. "All of you three would be." Though they would have to be very old, and Betelgeuse probably wouldn't get that chance...but Stella tucked that train of thought away for now. There were no concrete answers to that particular topic, and there was no reason to worry the kids all over again over nothing.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: Pfft XP

IC: "Huh, maybe tradition could be changed for an oligarchy then." Kessler couldn't help but chuckle, knowing how the three acted.

"I'm not sure how Procyon or myself could be good candidates, but maybe Betelgeuse." Sirius replied knowingly, though the playfulness to her tone played it off.

• OOC:

IC: Stella couldn't help a slight scoff. "Don't jinx us, Kessler." An oligarchy was just what she needed with everything else on their plate. "Besides, I don't know how they'd split the power boost."

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC:

IC: "Just give it to the most prone to think during a fight." And with that, Kessler gave his mother a jokingly raised eyebrow.

"Hey! I can do more than just fight! I can talk to others and think." Sirius laughed, though flushed slightly at the joke.

"What about Procyon~?"

• OOC:

IC: "He seems kinda funny," Trixie mused before Stella could comment on the idea.

"Trixie!" Calix scolded, secretly trying not to smile at the idea. He didn't know how she meant or how any possible meanings could apply to a star but it still wasn't nice even if Procyon simply just looked like a hippie!

"Doesn't mean he couldn't lead," Stella pointed out easily, sipping her tea.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

The post was edited 2 times, last by GreenTealiger~ ().

• OOC: Didnt Trixie meet Procyon already? When him and Methuselah were babysitting them initially up in the kingdom?

IC:

• (Oh bubbles you're right ^^" I'll edit it gimme a sec XP)

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: It happens, it's fine

IC: (sip that tea, Stella XP)

"He's got a rather calm head for his incarnation, and can think quick on his feet. I'll give him that only because he's my dear friend." Sirius commented, inhabiting a land between actual complimenting and joking.

"I'm sure she just means because he looks sleepy?" Kessler tried to suggest, outwardly chuckling at the comment. He only felt comfortable because he knew Procyon wouldn't take such a thing to heart, honestly he would probably joke about it himself.

• OOC: pffff Stella doesn't even know that meme...but that's none of my business *sips tea* XP

IC: "Yeah! His eyes are all--" Trixie pulled down on her cheeks in example. Calix rolled his eyes, nudged her, and gave her a pointed parental look.

"That's called bags, dear," Stella tried to explain. Least, she thought they were bags. But why Procyon would incarnate with them as an actual part of his appearance, she didn't know.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC: Its still funny XP

IC: Kessler made certain not to laugh there, knowing when the line was crossed. As much as Procyon wouldn't care, Kessler figured it better to nip the behavior now.

"You'll get them when you're in high school." Walden chuckled with a joking sadness to his gaze.

• OOX: pfffff XP

IC: "Why?" Trixie asked, curious but also kind of uncomprehending. For all they'd been orphans, Calix had tried to shelter them a little. Walden had been a little too old for it to work, but Trixie had been another matter.

"Some people find high school tiring, dear," Stella tried to explain without making it into a horror story. Though, was high school the same in this century? Bother, this was why she hated being out of the loop. "I'm sure your brother can attest to that."
    Calix glanced away slightly but said nothing.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC:

IC: Walden noticed his brother's reaction and knowingly put a comforting hand on his shoulder. He did avoid saying anything.

"What is school like?" Kessler asked curiously, unable to stop himself. Hearing about it before Azura was always neat, and he still found himself fascinated by the topic. At least as one who never needed it but found it an interesting concept.

• OOC:

IC: Calix once again didn't like how adult Walden was behaving, but he couldn't exactly shrug his brother off without coming across as rude. So he left it be and just grimaced more to himself.

"It's really cool!" Trixie blurted excitedly. "There's lots of neat stuff and friends there!"

Stella just smiled into her tea and kept quiet for once. She had never been in an Earth school either, but she'd heard some stories.

"If you could soldier on
    ~Needtobreathe

• OOC:

IC: "What do you do?" Kessler asked, hoping to have Trixie clarify for both his curiosity and to fill the silence with something fluffier.

After another moment of Calix's negative behavior, Walden went to slowly hug Calix reassuredly.