Marshwood High (Invite Only)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • Max couldn't help but frown at the descriptions of Scourge's actions. Even though the symbiote was a part of him, Maximillian hated it more than anything. It took over his life, only to ruin it far beyond repair. "Did I... did the symbiote--"Max felt a sudden jab in the back of his head and winced, inhaling sharply; Scourge, the reason for the pain, clearly didn't like that term. "--did Scourge hurt anyone?"

Home is where the wifi connects automatically.

• "Pay...?" uttered Max, staring at Lilith with a bewildered expression, "I... I-I would, but... I-I have nothing. No job, no money-- I mean, you saw me outside just now!" He gestured with his arm towards the window. "I was about to build a shelter from stuff in the dumpster! I-I have nothing to give!"

• Work? Max considered this for a moment. It would help his conscience... but he eventually shook his head as a fuzzy memory surfaced. "No, I-I can't do that anymore. Not with Scourge with me. It causes me to... not work well. With others or expensive materials." At the memory, he absentmindedly touched the metallic 'bracelet' around his wrist. Except it was no mere bracelet; it was an identification tag for the RAFT, Marshwood's maximum security prison for the criminally insane and villains with supernatural abilities. Judging from this, Lily could assume that whatever Scourge did the last time Max tried to work was bad enough to send him to an almost inescapable prison. Almost.

• Max took a moment to observe Lilith, trying to decide how serious she was being. He eventually gave a sigh. "Okay, let's hear it." He would hear her out, even if he wasn't sure the answer would help him.

• "An errand boy?" Max echoed skeptically, then listened to the benefits that would come with the job. Shelter, food, anything he needed? He had to admit that it was a tempting offer, especially considering how down on his luck he was. However, Max didn't like the idea of "bringing out" his symbiote, and he turned even more against the offer when she mentioned that they weren't normal tasks. "I--" His response was cut short by a biting remark in the back of his head. Take this offer. snapped Scourge, For the best of both of us. Max disliked the symbiote's approval of the offer the most, but... it was right. This opportunity was too good to pass up. "Okay. Alright. I... I'll do it."

• With a slight nod, Max chose his new room, unaware that he just agreed to be Lilith's personal puppet. Over the course of the next few days, Max settled in. Lilith kept to her word: she gave Max food and clothes (he assumed she bought them; he didn't ask any questions), and she let him stay in the apartment rent free. Ryan, although initially against the idea of Max living there, eventually dropped the subject and left Max alone. Ryan's good eye also finally healed, allowing him to see again; however, the bruise around it occasionally hurt when he blinked.

Meanwhile...

In the basement of the Stark household, three teenagers with extraordinary talents were in the midst of a digital battle. Kira, Jackie, and Chance were playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and were most likely on their twentieth round of playing. Each player was against the other two. Earlier, having finally discussed hanging out that day, they each approved the decision to stay at Jackie's house and play video games.

[If you wanna check out the conversation between Chance, Kira, and Jackie, go to page 128 and 129. It happened a year ago, so you might not remember what was said.]

• Jackie, not wanting to stress about which character to choose, always picked the random character option; for their current battle, he was Young Link. In contrast, Chance keep switching between only two characters: Sonic and Yoshi; he was currently Sonic.

The current battle was all tied up. They were each on their last life and had nearly no damage taken. The win was tempting, and the fight was intense.

Chance, on the left wing of the sofa, was currently "sitting" upside-down, his legs draped over the backside of the couch. In order to play correctly, he was holding the controller upside-down. Jackie was on the right wing of the sofa, sitting normally and leaning forward, concentrating on the game.

• Jackie didn't mind that Kira basically vaporized a couple of controllers during two previous rounds. Each incident was an accident, and controllers were replaceable, anyway. However, Chance, having not known Kira's power beforehand, had been both bewildered and impressed when she destroyed the controllers with ease.

Who would win this round? Unfortunately, the answer was not Chance. Due to his upside-down controls, he confused himself on which direction he was going and accidentally sped off the side of the battlefield, descending until he was off screen and out of bounds. Chance just kind of... stared at the screen afterwards, slack-jawed, shocked by his blatant mistake.

• Chance was out of the game; with a sigh, he dropped his controller onto the floor, defeated by himself. However, he quickly perked up when he heard the doorbell from upstairs. "Pizza!" he exclaimed, "I'll get it!" In the blink of an eye, he was missing from the couch, and then Jackie and Kira could hear a brief conversation happening upstairs between him and the pizza guy. Once the voices quieted down, Chance was immediately on the sofa again, a slice of pepperoni in his hands and the pizza box resting next to Kira. "Didn't miss anything, did I?" he joked, having been gone for a total of seven seconds.

• Kira noticed this, impressed. His speed was incredible but also his appetite for pizza and any other food. She looked back at the game and made a crucial mistake by not paying attention. Her player was left defenseless leaving her rival to land a devastating blow that sent Kirby off the map.

• Jackie saw his opening, and he took it. With a combo attack, Young Link managed to knock Kirby off the map. Jack was the winner of their twentieth round of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but he wasn't one to gloat. Instead, he set his controller beside him and took a slice of pizza from the box. "Oh, yeah! I forgot we ordered stuffed crust!" He seemed more excited about the food than his victory.