Marshwood High (Invite Only)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
  • The Collector couldn't help but smile in response to her comment. "Again: good answer." He took the Spider-Man mask from his pocket, tracing the fabric with his fingers. "I'll add this to my collection. While I'm doing this, Drakath will show you around." Taneleer glimpsed over at Ryan and Lily. "If --at any point-- you wish to return to Earth, just tell him. He can send you back." With an elegant wave of his hand, the mysterious man vanished.

Ryan, Lilith, and Drakath were left alone in the descending glass elevator.

Home is where the wifi connects automatically.

• Ryan moved his eyes towards Lilith, nodding. "Yeah. We got money, we got Scourge off our backs for a while, and we learned something about the Collector." he commented, "Not bad for a day's work."

Drakath said nothing.

• Ryan felt the bundle of money in the palm of his hand, and his expression turned surprised. "Really?" he inquired, his sightless gaze meeting her eyes, "But... you did almost everything. I wouldn't have even gotten away if it weren't for you."

• His eyes moved to the money, then back up to the villainess. Did he... did he just receive a praise from Lilith? Despite himself, Ryan almost blushed; it took a large portion of his self-control to not have his cheeks turn red. Instead, he gave a small smile. "Uh, thanks. Thank you, Lily."

The elevator slowed to a halt, and the door reopened. Drakath gestured for them to leave the glass room.

• Ryan was grateful for her guidance; it wasn't exactly easy to judge where people were based on footsteps.

Drakath exited the elevator into the outside world, and the door closed itself behind him. The nearby streets were buzzing with activity as the residents of Loukiri carried out their day. There wasn't a car in sight; instead, they travelled by walking or biking or --in the sky-- by spacecraft. The citizens weren't normal, considering Earth's standards; in fact, the minority of Loukirians were human. The majority, on the other hand, were humanoid, but were obviously not human, many of them possessing tails, extra limbs, oddly-colored skin, and abundance of eyes, and/or fur.

The building the group left was built to be impressive, towering above the rest of the buildings. The outside was red marble with metallic golden strips, the gold being used in the infrastructure.

"My father created this planet," Drakath spoke for the first time in a smooth baritone voice, "as a refuge for those escaping their own world."

• "He doesn't just collect relics from your world." Drakath responded, gazing over at Lilith with deep blue eyes, "Taneleer is known to the whole universe as the Collector, and for a good reason; he'll buy the priceless relics of each world's greatest heroes, and soon, the most valued items from around the galaxy will reside here, in his collection."

• Drakath was silent for the longest time. "No, that isn't it." he eventually answered, "But if Father hasn't told you, then neither shall I. You'll see his plan one day, I'm sure of it."

• "If you don't make a request to be elsewhere, then yes." answered Drakath with a nod, waving them away from the Collector's tower and leading them towards the town.