[ on this road i'm crawlin', save me 'cause i'm fallin' ] [ private ]

May's Character Development Challenge has been posted!
Looking for a friendly, inclusive community where you can make lasting friendships and form meaningful plots? Check out BlizzardClan!
Want to get into a trad. clan? Check out Riverclan, home to skilled strategists and clever fighters of great ferocity!
Staff are requesting opinions here!
  • [align=center][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/a7261e446c39156da5398daf52779845/tumblr_lmsw216ra41qe0fxmo1_r1_500.gif[/img] [img]http://fontmeme.com/newcreate.php?text=Mariko&name=Windsong.ttf&size=50&style_color=000000[/img][/align] [align=center][i][font=times new roman][size=14]The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.[/size][/font][/i] [size=10][font=times new roman]~ Memoirs of a Geisha[/font][/size][/align] [align=center][spoiler= Additional Images][img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7g43z7LAg1qafmhf.gif[/img] [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6783wS6NR1rqkf12.gif[/img][/spoiler][/align][hr] [align=center][size=8] [b]WARINING--[/b] This thread could become mature, in that it may have some amount of violence, language, and gory details unsuitable for children of a young age. --- [i]Her eyes peeled open slowly. Across the room she could hear the gentle clicking of the older clock, the sound of dripping water from the bathroom down the hallway. There was a ringing in her ears, and the air in her bedroom seemed far colder than usual. She realized that her blankets were off and her feet dangled off the edge; and, due to a strange and childish fear, she longed to pull them back, to hide in the middle of the bed all wrapped up in the blankets. She felt oddly exposed. She could hear her own heartbeat. It was beating a bit quicker than it should, and her breathing was a little more heavy. She tried to pretend that fear was not latching onto her. She inhaled slowly, taking a long, deep breath. But it did little to calm her. She felt as though someone where there with her in the room; she could feel their presence, thick and dark, pressing all around her. Light shone in from her window across the room, and you think it would help her relax; but it only cast ominous shadows on the wall. [b]For God's sake, you're a grown woman![/b] She thought to herself sharply. But her thoughts were silenced when she heard one of the floorboards creek. She fell silent, trying to slow and silence her breathing. She waited for a few moments, and then waited some more... And just when she thought she was beginning to imagine things, she heard another floorboard creek; this one closer and louder. She could quiet breathing, and she felt her heart begin to pound faster. In a sudden moment she felt hands gripping her legs roughly, pulling her towards the end of the bed. She released an ear-splitting scream, throwing her hands up and gripping the backboard of the bed. She pulled herself painfully against the strength of the one holding her legs; and then, further frightening, the hands clawed painfully at her legs as she tore away from the grip. Tears streamed down her cheeks as the pain registered in her brain. She saw shadows moving all around the room; just glimpses of strange beings ducking out of her view. A being sprung up from beside her, roughly grabbing her wrists and pinning her to the bed. There was a heavy weight on her chest and she suddenly couldn't breathe. And then--[/i] With a sharp gasp the young woman slammed up into a sitting position, heart pounding painfully against her chest and breathing coming in quick, frightened gasps. Sweat dripped down the side of her forehead, and panic still burned in her veins. She looked around wildly; it had only been a dream. A stupid nightmare. The room she sat in was well-lit, and painted in gentle, soft colors. There was nothing to be afraid of in here. At the bottom of the bed, beside her feet, her jet-black cat, Mitzy, stared at her with gleaming yellow eyes that seemed to mock her fear. [b]"Shut up. Adults get nightmares too."[/b] she growled to the little creature, throwing her covers off her legs and sliding off her queen-sized bed. Her footsteps made light tapping noises on the wooden floors; and, as her fear began to fade, she felt herself be comforted by the sound. She was trying not to think about the nightmare; it had felt so real. In fact, if she paused to think about it, she could still feel the pain in her legs, the blood dripping from the long gashes. She could still feel the pressure on her chest, and the grips on her wrists... But she ignored all this. She refused to admit that she was suffering from Night Terrors again. She hadn't had any since she was a little girl; and she refused to feel like the helpless little thing she once was. [b]"I am an adult. Nightmares don't scare me."[/b] she grumbled to herself begrudgingly. She was twenty four years old, and yet sometimes she still felt like she was just a little girl. The young woman slipped out of her bedroom and into the dimly lit hallway, all the way to the end of the hall where her large bathroom was. She wasted no time; she desperately wanted a shower, as though that would wash away all the fear and terror that her nightmare had brought her. And, you know what? It did. It really did. She took a long, hot shower; until she felt completely pruned and had almost completely forgotten about her bad dream. After her shower, she wrapped her hair up in a towel and wrapped herself up in a robe. She made her way downstairs where she opened a can of [i]Friskies[/i] canned cat-food for Mitzy, and then made herself scrambled eggs, hash-browns, and bacon with a glass of iced tea. It was a quiet morning; and when the young woman looked at the clock she could only smile. She still had plenty of time until she had to be at work. [i]And, besides; Danny is a really understanding boss.[/i] She thought. She and Danny had been good friends ever since she came here; and when he had offered her a job as a waitress at his bar & grill, how could she say no? She certainly needed a job. [b]"Well, Mitzy; what do you say? Shall we blast some music while we get ready this morning?"[/b] she asked, looking down at the black cat as she ate the canned food hungrily. Mariko smiled, standing up from the little table and picking up her dishes. She rinsed them off in the sink, stuck them in the dish-washer, and then headed up-stairs to turn on some music and get ready for the day. One thing she loved about living outside of the town; she didn't have nearby neighbors, and could blast her music as loud as she wanted. --- Three hours later, Mariko stood in a dimly lit bar & grill named, 'Danny's Place'. She wore the white t-shirt with the blue logo on the right side with the name printed on it, and black shorts with dark blue waitress apron. She had curled her hair neatly and clipped it back, and wore subtle makeup. She didn't care for the way some people did their makeup; some simply overdo it. She liked a more natural look; but that was just her opinion. She tapped her foot impatiently as she leaned against the side of the bar, chewing her lower lip. Today was a slow day; there had been two customers this afternoon and that was it. [b]"Is there something going on today?"[/b] she asked absently to know one in particular. Betty, who was working at the bar behind her, gave a dismissive grunt. [b]"Oh, I say praise the lord. We could use a slow day, honestly. We've been running around all week! I say this is just a reward."[/b] the older woman said frankly. Betty was a tall woman with tan skin and a slim body, her hair thick, light blonde and naturally curly. She had gleaming blue eyes that proclaimed a sense of innocence; a quality that she certainly didn't have. She gave off a sense of stereo-typical Christian woman, the kind that you'd see in the movies, and her Alabama accent didn't help that at all. When you got to know Betty, however, you would quickly discover that she was anything but innocent and utterly Christian. She was a sinner; and she would admit that in a heartbeat. [b]"I guess. But, honestly, I kind of like the busy day. At least then I know I'm actually doing something, and not just sitting around."[/b] Mariko replied at last with a small sigh. She looked down, staring at her notepad and clicking the end of her pen impatiently. At the sudden sound of the door opening, Mariko's dark gaze shot up. At last - another customer! [/size][/align] [align=center][spoiler= Plot & Rules][align=center][size=8] [u][b]Plot[/b][/u] So, I know the beginning post sucks, and I'm really sorry for that >_
    [center][url=http://love-thy-demons.tumblr.com/][tumblr][/url]

[color=black][b]I'M RATHER INACTIVE.[/b][/color]

[/center]

The post was edited 1 time, last by pandora ღ ().

• [align=center][img]http://trevormorrowtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tumblr_mmt7rfNBek1rotbnro2_500-1.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto;] [align=right][font=cursive][size=18][color=#ededed]the traveller [size=10]lets go on an adventure[/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=white] [b]ooc[/b] May I join? I feel like this is a good plot ^.^ And also, have any ideas for a good faceclaim? I haven't played a female in ages, it seems. [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][size=8] I'm so glad someone took an interest in this! Yes, of course you may join

[/center]
  • [align=center][img]http://trevormorrowtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tumblr_mmt7rfNBek1rotbnro2_500-1.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto;] [align=right][font=cursive][size=18][color=#ededed]the traveller [size=10]lets go on an adventure[/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=white] [b]ooc[/b] Yay!! I love making people happy ^.^ No, not especially. I can do some research to find some, though. I guess, what kind of person were you imagining when creating this? Nationality, figure, hair color, etc. I don't want to ruin your plot by choosing a poor faceclaim. [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][size=8] Actually, I didn't have anything in mind. It was just an open idea; whomever you feel would be best, I suppose c: Do you still want me to look up some faceclaims? It could take me a while, only because I'm not sure what you would prefer, and I'd try to find the best I could, haha. Or, if you would prefer, I could just give you the names of some common/good actresses or even singers? Just as back up, in case you don't find what you're looking for? c: I will have to leave in about an hour - I'll be on and off in that time. I don't think I'll be much use, though, until this evening v_v I'm so sorry! [/align]

[/center]
  • [align=center][img]http://trevormorrowtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tumblr_mmt7rfNBek1rotbnro2_500-1.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto;] [align=right][font=cursive][size=18][color=#ededed]the traveller [size=10]lets go on an adventure[/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=white] [b]ooc[/b] Well, I found a few options after a bit of digging. Perhaps Shay Mitchell, popular for her role on pretty little liars. Or Torey Devitto? Or perhaps Astrid Berges-Frisbey Maybe even Carey mulligan? I like all four of these actresses, so i suppose unless you find something else, it'll be one of these. [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][size=8] As I said, I have no preferences c: Whichever one you feel is best for the role! I look forward to your post :) [/align]

[/center]
  • [align=center] [img width=410]http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/shay-mitchell-birthday-april-10-2013-gifs-love4shay.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=white; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto; border-radius: 0pt 0pt 30pt 30pt; border-top: 2px dotted transparent; border-left: 2px dotted white; border-bottom: 2px dotted white; border-right: 2px dotted white; text-transform: lowercase] [align=right][font=gabriola][size=18][color=#00b3b3]Shailyn [size=12][/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=black] [b]ooc[/b] Sorry it took so long. I had a longer one, but it got erased, and I had to start over. [b]ic[/b] [i]it was night. Or, at least it appeared so; the moon was high in the sky, which had drabbles of little stars scattered across the dark sky. The night seemed to be so still, so void of life. However, that was definitely not the case, at least not in a small town in Northeastern Ohio. For on the outskirts of the town almost fifty people surrounded the car's remains, kept at bay only by a ring of yellow. Among these reporters, police investigators, and news casts, a broken young woman sobbed, her dark eye makeup running down her pale face in teary streaks. After what seemed like hours, tonya's body was dig out of the wreckage. Her frame was badly mangled, and hardly recognizable. A small locket was found around her broken neck, as well as several charm bracelets on her wrists and ankles. The locket had a single picture in it, one with two women smiling at each other, seemingly oblivious to the camera. One of them was the mangled women from the accident, and the other one was her lover. The woman who had been sobbing was brought into the yellow circle, brought to the woman's body. A hand - covered in almost identical bracelets to the deceased - clasped around her red lips, holding back her own sobs. She nodded numbly as her other hand grabbed the locket around her neck. Inside the locket , something only she knew, was the same picture as in the other. That night had been exactly one year since the two had begun their relationship together, after all. Four weeks later, a funeral was held. The girl was buried with her mother and father; each had died in the past, he father shortly after her birth and her mother more recently. She had no living relatives, but she had many friends, and of course the girl in the picture. She moved away after a month or so, unable to bear living in that town without her true love. She moved from town to town, state to state, until finally settling down in a mountain town in Colorado. It took her months to adjust, perhaps even years, but eventually the young woman learned to live without tonya. However, without tonya, the terrible nightmares had returned. See, before the woman met tonya, she suffered from night terrors almost every night. Each one was very similar, too. Dark creatures clawing at her skin, attempting to take her, to hurt her. But after she found tonya, the dreams seemingly disappeared. Little did the woman know, her lover had been an enemy to these creatures, hunting them down while her partner slept. When she passed, they came back, but at a much slighter degree; as of they were afraid that the hunter would return to cut them down once more. Of course, she never did.[/i] [b][i]beep. beep. beep...[/i][/b] Groaning, Shailyn turned over under the covers, trying to block out the alarm with her pillow. Unfortunately for her, the noise would not disappear. After a minute of non stop beeping, the twenty four year old finally gave in to the sound and threw her covers off of her slim frame, and sat up, slightly annoyed. Finding her slippers with her toes, she stood up and shuffled towards her alarm, disabling the never ending noise. The dark haired woman then proceeded to rummage through her drawers, grabbing suitable clothing for the days ventures. A long yawn touched her thin lips, and she blinked several times to clear her sleepy vision before heading off towards the shower. Her mind was clouded, After turning the water off and wrapping a towel around her body, Shai stepped out of the chamber and clothed herself, wrapping another towel around her soaking wet hair. She wore a pair of jeans, form fitting but not overly so, and a nice, yet simple top. Her hair was naturally wavy, and Shai decided to leave it down. Adding the slightest amount of makeup, the dark eyes girl finished her look with a small locket. After a bit more pruning, the woman decided she was ready to go. After a long and boring trek to town {she didn't own a car}, Shailyn arrived at her first destination; Danny's Place. She had recently filled out an application, but today she was going only for a cup of tea and perhaps a small meal. Her possible occupation wouldn't be officially accepted or denied for a few more days. Walking inside, she gave a little smile, nodding to the few people who seemed to be working the place. Shai hadn't had a real job in ages. Not since before the accident. She'd worked odd jobs here and there, but nothing that lasted very long. In fact, the only real job she'd had had ended in resignation; tonya had held the same position while she was still alive, and Shailyn couldn't bear to be so close to her, the memories too painful. [/fancypost]
    fe-licked

The post was edited 1 time, last by the traveller ().

• [align=center][size=8][img width=510 height=382]http://imagesnoise.com/images/Most%20Beautiful%20Woman%20in%20the%20World/5.jpg[/img] [ Oh, no worries! That post was absolutely beautiful :) ] Mariko's gaze had latched onto the entering customer the moment the door had opened. She waited to see where the young woman would sit, as that would decide who served her. For a moment she thought the customer looked familiar - had they met before? [b]"Oh, I think I know her."[/b] Betty whispered behind her suddenly, making Mariko jump slightly. [b]"Really? I thought she looked familiar."[/b] she replied to the blonde with a firm nod of the head. [b]"Yeah, yeah. I think she came in looking for a job some time ago. I hope Danny approves her; I can't work my tail off all day, only to go home to two screaming kids. I don't have the energy."[/b] In truth, Mariko was only half listening. She gave Betty a sympathetic look, but the customer had sat down in her section. Putting a smile on her face and grabbing a menu, she slipped across the wooden floors to the seated woman. As she approached, she couldn't help but feel slightly hopeful. Betty had a point; they needed the help, and bad. Lifting her little notepad, pen at the ready, she stopped beside the table and flashed a friendly grin, sliding the menu onto the table in front of the young woman. [b]"Hello, there. Welcome to Danny's Place; my name is Mariko. What can I get you to drink?"[/b] she asked in her usual light tone, not too peppy but not monotone. She studied the young woman carefully and curiously, unable to stop herself from silently admiring the way she wore her makeup. She didn't overdo it; in fact, it was perfect. It looked highly complimentary. And in those brief moments, just before the young woman would reply, Mariko's mind began to race with thoughts. Who was she? Where was she from? And then came the usual questions she thought about the people she didn't know personally; what was their life like? Their past? What were their fears, their passions and goals? She wondered what would drive someone to move to such a little mountain town; nothing all that special. Just a lot of people who kept to themselves, all of them having a past of some sort. Then you had those who just had their little cabins that they only used a couple times a year for vacation. Mariko herself had moved here to escape the horrid memories of her childhood town. She'd traveled a bit here and there, but after a while decided she would like to settle down. When she found this little town, [i]Hillsview[/i], she felt she had found a place she could call home. Her night terrors faded into distant memories, her troubled past no longer felt fresh and new; it stayed in the past where it belonged. And not to mention she loved her job; the days were usually busy, and she loved the constant movement. But the slow days made her anxious; they left room for her to daydream and allow little memories to slip in. Her dark gaze was still locked on the young woman in front of her, and she still wondered if she was running from anything, too. Or if she was just seeking a quiet place to live. Whatever her reasons, Mariko would never ask. It wasn't her place and she wasn't as nosy or brazen as Betty. [/align]

[/center]
  • [align=center] [img width=410]http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/shay-mitchell-birthday-april-10-2013-gifs-love4shay.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=white; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto; border-radius: 0pt 0pt 30pt 30pt; border-top: 2px dotted transparent; border-left: 2px dotted white; border-bottom: 2px dotted white; border-right: 2px dotted white; text-transform: lowercase] [spoiler= more images][img width=250]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140102200325/degrassi/images/7/71/Emily_Fields_perf.gif[/img] [img width=250]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xu47qSzP1rcwx4yo2_500.gif[/img] [img width=250]http://data2.whicdn.com/images/38285012/large.gif[/img][/spoiler] [align=right][font=gabriola][size=18][color=#00b3b3]Shailyn [size=12][/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=black] [b]ooc[/b] Well, thank you ^.^ [b]ic[/b] After seating herself in the almost empty diner, Shailyn took to looking around the place. She'd been inside a few times before, either as a customer or an applicant. The place was usually busting with customers, almost every small table or bad stool occupied by the various residents of the small mountain town. For whatever reason, that day was different. In fact, the fair skinned girl hadn't seen hardly anyone on her trek towards town, which was quite unusual. After a few moments of glancing around the desolate diner, shai was greeted by a porcelain woman wearing a waitress's apron and an almost too perky smile. Taking a moment to look at, almost inspect, the waitress, the twenty four year old felt the odd sensation of déjà vu. This woman seemed oddly familiar to Shailyn, though she passed it off as having seen her in her other visits to the small restaurant. As shai looked up at the young woman, several thoughts unwelcomingly entered her mind, though one was much more robust than the others. [i]the way she smiles, it's like tonya.[/i] the dark haired woman bit her lip, trying to push away the uprising sob threatening to choke her. After a moment that seemed to last an eternity, the perky porcelain woman spoke. [b][i]"Hello, there. Welcome to Danny's Place; my name is Mariko. What can I get you to drink?"[/i][/b] Shailyn smiled somewhat reluctantly, hiding her slightly shaky hands beneath the table. [b]"I'd like a sweet tea, thank you."[/b] somehow, the suddenly saddened woman managed to brighten up for the sake of Mariko, not wanting to worry her with such frivolous problems that most certainly were private affairs. In a spur of the moment decision, shai spoke once more, her curiosity getting the best of her. [b]"I'm sorry, but have we net before? You seem awfully familiar."[/b] a short laugh escaped her, and she but her lip once more. She took another moment to examine the woman. She was petit in build as well as stature, her hair simply yet elegantly done. She wore just a touch of makeup, but it seemed to be enough. Her eyes seemed to hold many secrets, but that could have just been Shailyn's imagination. She always had had an immense one, and she often attempted to guess what kind of a person new encounters were. A part of the young girl really hoped that she would be hired, for more than one reason. Of course, the woman could really use the money, and a place to keep her mind off of the past. Another, deeper reason the dark eyed girl wanted the position was for the chance to meet new and exciting people, people that might end up making a difference in her somewhat dull and sorrow filled life. [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][size=8][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/7867efae818ecfefa384566fa96f4f4e/tumblr_mv3q7uH6SV1qdywcco1_500.gif[/img] [ Please forgive me for constantly changing the image >_

[/center]

The post was edited 1 time, last by pandora ღ ().

• [align=center] [img width=410]http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/shay-mitchell-birthday-april-10-2013-gifs-love4shay.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=white; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto; border-radius: 0pt 0pt 30pt 30pt; border-top: 2px dotted transparent; border-left: 2px dotted white; border-bottom: 2px dotted white; border-right: 2px dotted white; text-transform: lowercase] [spoiler= more images][img width=250]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140102200325/degrassi/images/7/71/Emily_Fields_perf.gif[/img] [img width=250]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xu47qSzP1rcwx4yo2_500.gif[/img] [img width=250]http://data2.whicdn.com/images/38285012/large.gif[/img][/spoiler] [align=right][font=gabriola][size=18][color=#00b3b3]Shailyn [size=12][/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=black] [b]ooc[/b] Oh, no worries! [b]ic[/b] Shailyn let her emotions and worries disappear for the time being, telling herself that sorrow would only bring pity, which she absolutely despised. That was another of the several reasons she had left her hometown. She nodded slowly, in the way that makes her shoulders bounce as well. She loved tea, and was glad to hear that tasting this kind would be a pleasant experience. Of course, she wouldn't have said anything even if the tea wasn't spectacular. It just wasn't the type of person she was. The young woman nodded once more as the waitress answered her question. It must have been her imagination after all, then. Shai could have sworn that she had met the woman, but pressed no further. She most likely had just seen her before, either in the diner or around town. It was a small town, anyways, and very few people went unnoticed inside its borders. Even if you lived on the skirts of the city, it was quite likely that most residents knew you by name. While the waitress started to speak, Shailyn's mind started to wander. It didnt take much to get herself lost in thought, and with the small tangent her mind had already gone on, she was practically doomed. The similarities between Trenton, Ohio and Hillsview, Colorado were slim, but still existent. Back in Trenton, there was more crime, more alcohol and more gossip, but not overly so. It was still a small town, worn a few mom-and-pop shops fueled by the residents and travelers passing through on their way to bigger stops. There was more nature and less highways, which actually excited the young woman. The biggest difference, perhaps now a similarity, was the absence of tonya. Here in Hillsview, there were fewer remembrances of the woman's past lover. Still, they managed to weasel their way into her life through strangers, or flowers or even just a building. Shai frowned, having realized her accidental train of thought lasting much longer than anticipated. She then proceeded to fix her embarrassed look with a nod and a grin. [b]"oh. Yes, I did apply for a job here."[/b] she paused for a second, before deciding to introduce herself. [b]"in Shailyn, by the way. Hopefully we'll be working together rather soon."[/b] a bigger, more genuine smile touched her lips for just a moment, but it was long enough to make her forget her sadness. She did genuinely hope for a place in the small diner. It would give her a new group of at least colleagues, perhaps even companions. At the very minimum, The girl would have something to do other than think. She did like the town, and the majority of its people were kind and thoughtful. Being able to really be a part of the community would help her, and the diner would allow her to do so. [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/7867efae818ecfefa384566fa96f4f4e/tumblr_mv3q7uH6SV1qdywcco1_500.gif[/img][/align] [align=center][spoiler= Additional Images] [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m73zmjrm681rsskhm.gif[/img] [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5r2bqCTc81qm0r9lo1_500.gif[/img] [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8lyibKvTE1rxw7owo1_250.gif[/img] [img]http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33400000/Yuri-I-Got-A-Boy-yuri-kwon-33457460-500-242.gif[/img] [/spoiler][/align] [align=center][size=8] [ Oh, my gosh! Traveler, I am so very sorry! You see, I visit my father for weeks at a time regularly. And it's never been an issue (internet wise, I mean) and therefore I've never had to warn anybody about me becoming inactive. I didn't know my father lost his internet and when I went out to visit him I had no way of getting online to send out notices that I would be inactive for a few days >_

[/center]
  • [align=center][img]http://trevormorrowtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tumblr_mmt7rfNBek1rotbnro2_500-1.gif[/img] [fancypost bgcolor=transparent; bordercolor=transparent; width: 375px; height: 250px; overflow: auto;] [align=right][font=cursive][size=18][color=#ededed]the traveller [size=10]lets go on an adventure[/size][/color][/size][/font][/align] [hr][hr][justify][font=andale mono][size=10][color=white] [b]ooc[/b] I totally understand! I too have a split home, and Internet has been a problem for me in the past as well. I will post by the end of the day, I just am going to be somewhat busy and I'd rather produce a well written, somewhat time consuming post later than a half hearted and rushed one right now. Hope you understand!! [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][size=8] [ I completely understand! Take all the time you need :) There is no rush. ] [/align]

[/center]
  • [fancypost bgcolor=; background-color: transparent; border-radius: 0px; bordercolor= transparent; borderwidth=1pt; width: 450px;][fancypost bgcolor=; height: 150px; width: 400px; margin-top: 6px; opacity: 0.6; border-radius: 10px; background-image: url(http://www.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/shay-mitchell-birthday-april-10-2013-gifs-love4shay.gif); background-position: center;][/fancypost] [fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=#ffffff borderwidth=0px; width: 400px; font-family: times new roman; font-style: italic; font-size: 26px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: -30px; letter-spacing: 5px; opacity: 0.99; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000000;][align=center]Shailyn[/fancypost] [fancypost bgcolor=; bordercolor=#ffffff borderwidth=0px;width: 400px; font-family: arial; font-size: 8px; margin-top: -5px; color: #Ffffff; letter-spacing: -2px; text-transform: uppercase;] [fancypost borderwidth=0pt; width: 400px; background-color: transparent; font-size: 11px; font-family: arial; margin-right: 13px; margin-left: 13px; text-align: justify; background-color: transparent; padding: 13px; color: #000000; margin-top: 6px; opacity: 0.95; margin-bottom: 1px; width: 375px; height: 200px; overflow: auto; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px;] [b]ooc.[/b] Sorry it couldn't be posted last night; I was having troubled with the website. Sometimes, wcrpg can be a pain in the buttocks. [b]ic.[/b] The alabaster woman smiled, though her expression showed signs of embarrassment. Few people commented on her appearance, and even fewer on her name. Her bright eyes looked up into the other woman's. [b]"thank you. I've been told it was my grandmothers name, though I never met her."[/b] the waitresses comment chased away her previous thoughts, allowing her to focus completely on the conversation currently in progress. There was something about this young woman that intrigued Shailyn. Perhaps it was her open attitude. Or her genuine happiness. Or perhaps something deeper, something that she could not be aware of. Her face lit up with the news Mariko had given. She was desperate for a new occupation, and the lively diner was certainly an expert fit. The staff seemed to be genuine ladies as well, which only added to the list of positives the diner was racking up. In fact, this server was only helping to increase the likability of the small eatery. A kind staff welcomed new customers and caused previous customers to return. Even if the young woman ended up not getting the job, she would make an effort to frequently visit the place, whether for a meal or a simply a drink. [b]"you really think so? I hope I do; this is such a lovely place."[/b] her smile had yet to leave her pale face, though Shai didnt really seem to notice. The young customer would not have minded if the server had just sat down at her table and continued the conversation for as long as hours, though she knew that that was highly unlikely. She had her job to do, and that came first in this situation. Still, it would be nice if Shailyn got the job; she'd be able to talk with the woman much more, possibly even make a friend. Eventually, the woman was forced to leave Shailyn alone with her menu and continue with her work. Porcelain hands gripped the laminated paper, eyes examining the contents. The young girl really hadn't a clue as to what she wanted. Skimming the lunch section, she let her thoughts wander. It was a habit of hers, one that she was neither proud nor ashamed of. It was just a part of her. The woman who had at first seemed familiar, though in reality it was nothing more that that, seemed like an old friend to the girl now. After that conversation that seemed to last much longer than it probably had, shai had found a new level of respect for the diner. Finally settling on a small dish to satisfy her, the dark haired woman folded her hands in her lap once more. She waited patiently for Mariko go return with her tea, and take the rest of her order. The woman was perplexed; she wanted to know more about the server, but had no reason to want such things. It must be her natural curiosity, then. She loved to know more about nearly everything, so she supposed this just wasn't an exception. [/fancypost]
  • [align=center][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/7867efae818ecfefa384566fa96f4f4e/tumblr_mv3q7uH6SV1qdywcco1_500.gif[/img][/align] [align=center][spoiler= Additional Images] [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m73zmjrm681rsskhm.gif[/img] [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5r2bqCTc81qm0r9lo1_500.gif[/img] [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8lyibKvTE1rxw7owo1_250.gif[/img] [img]http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33400000/Yuri-I-Got-A-Boy-yuri-kwon-33457460-500-242.gif[/img] [/spoiler][/align] [align=center][size=8] [ Don't be sorry! This website gives me issues all the time, too >_

[/center]